If you have a senior loved one who is receiving elderly care services, then you may find that the holiday season brings about a few different challenges. While the holidays are normally a very fun time, they can also be a challenging time for seniors who are struggling to get used to life under elderly care. This is why it is so important to make sure that you plan different activities for your loved one to make them feel engaged and included this holiday season.
If you are looking for a few different senior-friendly holiday activities, here are some great ideas for those receiving elderly care services. Activities such as this aren’t only fun for the whole family, they can help your loved one feel included this holiday season and make their entire holiday one to remember.
- Making gingerbread houses and decorating them
- Baking holiday cookies and treats
- Planning a drive to look at Christmas lights
- Decorating the Christmas tree
- Going to pick out a live Christmas tree
- Listening to Christmas songs
- Signing carols
- Looking through old holiday photos and reminiscing
- Taking fun family holiday pictures
- Making homemade holiday decorations
- Knitting holiday-themed blankets, scarves, hats and other gifts
- Writing out holiday cards
- Visiting local charities to spread holiday cheer
- Attending religious celebrations during the holidays
Activities like this can be fun for any senior and help every family get in the holiday spirit. These are just a few of the many activities that seniors and their family members can enjoy this holiday season. Just because a senior is receiving elderly care services it doesn’t mean that they can’t continue to stay included in all of the holiday festivities and have plenty of fun with their family members and loved ones during the process.