Transitioning Home Health Care Services
Ease your loved one's transition from the hospital or rehabilitation facility to home, which can lead to a better, more comfortable recovery. Studies have shown that the time immediately after a hospital stay can be critical to the health and recovery of a loved one. Studies have also shown that the lack of proper support and care following a surgery or a serious hospitalization can lead to slower recovery or even readmission to the hospital.
How does this impact family members?
Family members often take on the task of caring for a loved one after a hospital stay but can find they are untrained or ill-prepared to meet the physical and emotional challenges of such care. That is why Comfort Keepers® offers transitional home care health services to ease the transition to home.
What is Transitional Care?
This specialized care helps ease your loved one’s transition from a hospital stay to the home. Some of the services Comfort Keepers® can provide include the following:
- support of the care plan to aid the recovery process
- assistance with household activities and responsibilities, including meal preparation, housekeeping, and running errands
- incidental transportation for follow-up visits
- peace of mind for family and friends
- communication with the medical team as needed
How we can help
In addition to the customary homemaker/companion and personal care services Comfort Keepers® provides, we are able to adapt services to accommodate clients with specific medical needs such as
- congestive heart failure.
- myocardial infarction (heart attack).
Let Comfort Keepers® help guide you safely through the transition process. It offers clients peace of mind and can help with the recovery once your loved one returns home. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help your family member recover.