The Benefits Of Being A Home Care Aide With Comfort Keepers of Columbus, OH
Your career as a home care aide doesn't just benefit the seniors you care for
The fine city of Columbus is the biggest in the great state of Ohio. It also boasts good education, fine dining, high fashion, and lots of recreational choices for residents. It's a wonderful place to grow up and grow old. The senior population here—at the last census—was around 9% and 35% of over-65s live at home by themselves. Thanks to Comfort Keepers of Columbus, OH, many seniors who become less able-bodied can still stay in their homes. One of the main benefits of being a Comfort Keeper home care aide is seeing the positive difference you make to the lives of elders within your local community. This alone is an extremely rewarding experience.
Here are seven of the other major benefits to caregiving in Columbus, Ohio:
- Flexible schedules within your local community
- The privilege of making a real difference
- Learn new and useful skills that can also prove useful outside of caregiving
- Continued personal growth and professional development
- Potential to specialize in certain areas as a Home care aide
- A profession where there's a growing demand for skilled and experienced caregivers
- Personally rewarding career
Do You Qualify As A Home Care Aide?
As you can see from above this can be a serious career. It does come with some challenges, and it won't always be plain sailing, but for the right person it's the dream job. The question is this: do you qualify as a home care aide? It's something that you should be able to answer quite intuitively, but here are a few pointers to help you along:
- Experience in caregiving (professional or personal) is useful though not essential (ask about our training and continuous education!)
- Ability to relate to seniors from different circumstances and backgrounds
- Ability to communicate with careful deliberation and sensitivity
- Ability to stay calm under stressful situations
Caregiving is also good for your health, that's according to a Study by Boston University. This not only applies to physical fitness but emotional wellbeing too, and improved cognitive functioning. These are just some of the many hidden benefits to being a professional caregiver. Life as a qualified home care aide can be hard at times, but it's good hard, and gratifying, for the right person.
Please contact us for details. We're Comfort Keepers in Columbus, OH, and you can reach us at (614) 699-6786. One of our staff members will arrange for a free in-home care consultation. You will get to explore the various opportunities working with seniors has to offer. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
We've Been A BBB Accredited Business Since 2001!
Comfort Keepers of Westerville, OH proudly provides services to seniors in the following communities throughout Delaware County, Fairfield County, Franklin County, Licking County, Marion County & Union County:
5761 Chandler Street, Westerville, OH 43082