Personal Care for Seniors in Spokane, WA
Learn what personal care services by Comfort Keepers can do for your loved one located in Spokane, Mead, Otis Orchard, and surrounding cities
For seniors who want to live independently at home, but find that daily activities and tasks present difficulty as they age, our experienced caregivers can assist with personal care such as bathing, mobility assistance, grooming and more.
What is Personal Care?
Personal care is a broad term that supports basic personal hygiene and activities of daily living, including dressing, grooming, and toileting. Comfort Keepers’ trained caregivers assist with personal care needs ranging from stand-by assistance to full care depending on each client’s individual needs.
This can include basic tasks, such as bathing, mobility assistance, incontinence and toileting care, preparing and serving meals, to more hands-on personal care including position changes for those clients that are bedbound and specialized care for those with memory issues or cognitive impairments, fall risk assessment and prevention, change in condition monitoring.
Personal home care services can also include assistance with outings, social events, shopping trips, and other activities of interest to maintain engagement both physically and emotionally.
Comfort Keepers can develop a custom care plan for your loved one that includes physical safety and wellbeing, emotional health, and socialization. Our goal is to help our clients have the best quality of life while maintaining their independence at home.
Plans can include:
- Bathing and Hygiene - Comfort Keepers’ goal is to assist our clients with their personal care routines so they can look and feel their best. Studies show undeniable benefits for seniors’ self-esteem and emotional fitness to have regular hygiene and grooming. We are here to help clients who fear falling while bathing or have limitations that make grooming tasks difficult.
- Fall Prevention and Mobility Assistance - Avoid unnecessary risks in the bathroom and around the house. Bathroom features are not always designed with seniors in mind and can be a fall risk. This is especially true for surfaces that may be wet and slippery after a bath or shower. Reducing falls in the home is one of the top safety concerns that seniors and their families face.
- Transferring and Positioning - As we age, moving around the house can get more difficult. One of our top priorities is helping our clients move around their homes comfortably. This may include getting in and out of bed, chairs, and wheelchairs.
- Toileting and Incontinence Care - At Comfort Keepers, we can provide a senior incontinence care plan and help with daily hygiene. By building a trusted relationship, our caregivers can help your loved ones in the comfort of home. A big part of dealing with incontinence care is simply remaining clean and comfortable.
- Senior Nutrition and Meal Prep - Our caregivers can support physician-prescribed nutrition and diet plans. We also provide assistance with grocery shopping and meal preparation that meets nutritional needs or accommodates special dietary restrictions.
Our uplifting personal care services can also include:
- Care for those with memory issues or cognitive impairments
- Medication reminders and management
- Assisting with errands or transportation to appointments
- Support for physician prescribed exercise programs
- Change in condition monitoring
- Fall risk assessment and assistance with fall prevention
If you have questions or would like to learn more about the benefits of personal care services for your senior loved one, please do not hesitate to contact us by filling out the form below or giving us a call at (509) 796-7738.