The Journey to Recovery
Comfort Keepers of Prince William County can ease your loved one’s transition from the hospital or rehabilitation facility to home, which can lead to a better, more comfortable recovery.
The time immediately after a hospital stay can be critical to the health and recovery of a loved one. Studies show that the lack of proper support and care following surgery or hospitalization can lead to slower recovery or even readmission.
Family members often take on the task of caring for a loved one after a hospital stay but can find they are untrained or ill-prepared to meet the physical and emotional challenges of such care. That is why Comfort Keepers® offers services to ease the transition home.
What is Transition Care For Seniors?
This specialized type of care helps ease your loved one’s transition from a hospital stay to home. Some of the services Comfort Keepers provide around this process include:
- Support of the care plan to aid the recovery process
- Assistance with household activities and responsibilities, including meal preparation, housekeeping, and running errands
- Incidental transportation for follow-up visits
- Peace of mind for family and friends
- Communication with the medical team as needed
How Comfort Keepers of Prince William County Can Help
- Congestive heart failure.
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack).
Let Comfort Keepers help guide you safely through the transition process. We provide peace of mind and can help with the recovery once your loved one returns home. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help your family member recover.