Temporary and Respite Care
Manassas, Bristow, and Surrounding Areas
We give you a break from providing care so you can rest, recharge, or focus on other important matters.
Caregiving can be a rewarding and bonding experience within a family, yet in even the best situations, the responsibility and ongoing routine can be stressful and tiring—especially when balanced with a job or caring for children.
To be a successful family caregiver you need to take a break every now and then. Doing so allows you to stay mentally and physically sharp. And, when respite is what you need, Comfort Keepers of Manassas can help.
When family caregivers are emotionally drained, they are likely less effective at playing this critical role. Comfort Keepers provides temporary relief to those who care for family members who might otherwise require permanent placement.
Comfort Keepers's focus is on providing quality home respite care for families in Prince William County, ensuring seniors can age in place safely and securely.
What is Respite Care?
Known in some countries as “short break” care, respite services provide short-term breaks for families and other caregivers who need a rest. Respite care helps support and maintain the primary caregiving relationship.
How Comfort Keepers of Prince William County Can Help
Respite care services give you time to leave the home for a few hours or even a few days, knowing the one you care for is in good hands. This creates time to
- Take care of the errands you never seem to have time for.
- Catch up on your shopping.
- Attend a support group meeting.
- Visit doctor or dentist for routine care.
- Give yourself a much-needed rest.
Comfort Keepers respite services can be scheduled for as little as a few hours a week. Additionally, around-the-clock care can be arranged so you can take a longer break to attend a wedding out of town, take a child to college, or go on a much-needed vacation.
Just need to take a break?
Sit back and let us take care of you!
In these challenging times, social distancing and sheltering in place are key preventative steps for maximizing the well-being of our senior loved ones. We here at Comfort Keepers Manassas know first-hand how to provide passionate, safe, and reliable care that “Elevates the Human Spirit”.
To assist you and your family during these challenging times we are offering a “Take a Break Package” to help you take a breath, sit back, and relax for a moment.
The “Take a Break Package” includes:
- 4hrs of service of a trained caregiver who will come to your home with PPE (gloves, mask, and hand sanitizer)
- A trip to the supermarket of your choosing to complete full grocery shopping from your list, put your groceries away, and provide cooked meals based on your instruction
- Completing laundry as needed (washing, drying, folding, and putting away)
- Companionship to help ease the loneliness and social isolation many of our loved ones may be feeling at this time. Can involve games, cards, walks, or just talking about the day.
- Transportation to the pharmacy, doctor’s appointment, park, or wherever your imagination takes you
- Two wellness calls just to “check in” the day after our visit and one the following week
- No requirement to become a full-time client
- No admin fees, and no contract.