Helping the elderly in Sioux Falls, SD and the surrounding area recover from surgery more quickly with in home elder care services
We can help ease your loved one's transition from a hospital or rehabilitation facility by providing uplifting care at home. A senior rehabilitation center may not be a viable option for seniors who prefer to recuperate in the familiarity of their own homes rather than in a facility that specializes in post-hospital care. In home elder care services are offered by Comfort Keepers Home Care of Sioux Falls, SD, which offers a variety of services, including post hospital care following a surgery or any kind of stay. You can reach us if you’d like to learn more: (605) 638-9791.
Following a hospital stay
The rehabilitation process following an injury or illness can be difficult, especially for those in their 60s, 70s and 80s. After being discharged from the hospital, the immediate post-hospital period is critical to recovery. Patients may suffer from depression or anxiety as a result of social isolation and a shift in their daily routine. We also expect that, given the current state of the health care system, an increasing number of people will be able to recover from their hospitalizations at home. That’s where Comfort Keepers of Sioux Falls, SD steps in.
How we help
Using discharge care plans, our caregivers, who are skilled with in home elder care services, can help those recovering from an illness or injury remain in their own homes, reducing the likelihood of re-injury or a return to the hospital.
Giving family caregivers a break
We can also provide short-term relief for primary caregivers such as family members and friends. It is not uncommon for family members to temporarily move in or make arrangements for their loved one to move in with them after a major surgery or hospital stay. Change can be stressful and overwhelming, especially when it's for the better. Allowing primary caregivers a much-needed break and recharge is one of our trained caregivers' primary roles.
Providing uplifted care after discharge from the hospital
During the recovery period following a hospital stay, Comfort Keepers helps families by providing high-quality in home elder care services. Our individualized care plans are tailored to the specific requirements of each client, allowing them to recuperate in the comfort of their own home – anywhere in the Sioux Falls area. In addition, we help patients follow their doctor's exercise recommendations, offer companionship, and make it easier for families to stay in touch using modern technology. Quality, compassionate, and joyful care is at the heart of everything we do at Comfort Keepers Home Care.
Collaboration in caring
Home health agencies, physical therapists, and other healthcare professionals frequently collaborate with Comfort Keepers for seniors and other adults to receive a comprehensive range of services to speed up the recovery process. As much as possible, Comfort Keepers caregivers ensure a smooth, safe, and positive transition from the hospital to the home for our patients. These are some of the services provided by our caregivers to elderly clients after surgery:
- They can take you home from the hospital or facility to your scheduled appointments and physical therapy sessions.
- A caregiver will pick up medication and other supplies, and we can remind our clients to take their medication on schedule.
- Comfort Keepers provides encouragement and support for physical or speech therapy prescribed by a doctor.
- When patients are recovering from surgery, they often become depressed or frustrated. It is the mission of Comfort Keepers to make the lives of those we serve more enjoyable by providing companionship and meaningful activities.
- Grooming and bathing can be difficult for those who have undergone surgery or who have spent a long time in the hospital. Caregiver support is available for daily personal hygiene tasks such as showering and dressing. Maintaining a tidy and safe home environment is also a part of this service.
- Whenever you or other primary caregivers need a break, our caregivers are available. We'll take care of everything while you take some time off to recharge.
- To keep everyone informed of a patient's recovery progress, Comfort Keepers will communicate with family members and the patient's primary care physician.
After surgery, we work closely with our patients and their loved ones to devise a postoperative care plan tailored to their requirements.
Benefits of Using Comfort Keepers Home Care
People who have just returned home from a hospital or rehabilitation facility after an extended stay can take advantage of a variety of postoperative in home elder care services provided by Comfort Keepers. We are a pillar of strength for you and your family during this critical time following hospitalization. Our caregivers are available around the clock, seven days a week, 365 days a year, because they are committed and reliable.
Call us in Sioux Falls
Let Comfort Keepers Home Care of Sioux Falls and the surrounding areas help guide you through the after-surgery recovery process. As a result of our home care expertise and compassion, our clients can focus on what matters most - feeling better. Inquire now about how we can help you or a family member: (605) 638-9791.