Companion Care for Your Senior Loved One in Sioux Falls, SD
Home Care that restores hope for older adults
Just like any other age group, seniors need to socialize to stay happy and healthy. However – while this sounds simple enough – a lot of older adults feel lonely most of the time. Loneliness can also lead to feelings of anxiety, depression, and despair. And unfortunately, loneliness can worsen existing medical conditions. If your loved one spends too much time alone, Comfort Keepers Home Care can provide companion care of the highest quality and give your whole family full peace of mind that your parent has someone trustworthy to rely on, talk with, and spend time with. Our home care is the finest in Sioux Falls, SD and the surrounding area.
What Is Companion Care?
Companion care is all about the caregiver and care recipient engaging in activities together. Common activities include:
- Conversation – about anything that interests your loved one
- Mental stimulation – playing games or listening to music
- Mealtime – preparing and sharing meals
- Light physical activities – walking or dancing
- Light housekeeping – maintaining the home clean and organized
- Errands – grocery shopping, going to the post office
- Transportation – to and from any area in Sioux Falls, SD
- And much more
A Holistic Approach to Home Care
Interactive caregiving is at the very heart of our companion care. This approach is a holistic one, meaning we care for the whole person – their physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being.
Instead of completing tasks for your loved one, we will encourage them to complete tasks with our caregivers, thus giving them a renewed sense of purpose and something to look forward to. It's home care with meaning.
How Comfort Keepers Home Care Can Help
Our companion care providers can offer many care services that make it possible for seniors to age safely at home. This includes:
- Meal planning and preparation according to dietary guidelines or doctor’s recommendations
- Conversation, companionship, and engagement in all activities that bring your loved one joy
- Housekeeping services that elevate cleanliness and safety in your parent’s home
- Outdoor activities like shopping for groceries and home items and errands which allow seniors to maintain their independence
- Medication reminders for making sure your loved one never skips a dose of their medication
- Transportation which includes going to and from any location in the area
All of our companion care plans are customized to meet the exact needs of each client. Our plans are also flexible and affordable, as we believe every senior should be able to receive proper care according to their schedule and budget.
Feel free to call us today to get started with our services and schedule your free home care consultation! We are happy to help!