Alzheimer's and Dementia Care in State College, PA
Comfort Keepers supports local seniors and their families with Alzheimer's and dementia care in State College, Altoona, and the surrounding areas of PA
Providing Azheimer's care and dementia care in the home can be physically and emotionally draining; we understand the challenges faced by family caregivers and are here to help ease the burden. Comfort Keepers of State College, PA provides customized home care for clients who are experiencing symptoms of dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Our Comfort Keepers caregivers are professionally trained, experienced and ready to help.
Our professionally trained caregivers are prepared to:
- Maintain a safe environment for the client.
- Engage the client in activities that can stimulate the senses, such as music.
- Provide meals and bathing assistance.
- Offer support for the senior and the family through the changing behaviors often seen with dementia.
What Benefits Does Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Provide?
At Comfort Keepers Home Care in State College, PA, we do more than assist with daily tasks and help to manage symptoms. The goal of our Alzheimer’s and dementia care is to help seniors maintain happy, independent lifestyles for as long as possible.
Our caregivers will get to know your senior loved one on a more personal level, learning about likes, dislikes hobbies and other details that make the senior who they are. With an emphasis on Interactive Caregiving, our caregivers will plan activities that help stimulate seniors’ minds and bodies to create more lucid thought. Such activities include:
- Listening to music together from the senior's favorite era
- Reading a favorite book
- Working on a puzzle or other mind games
- Practicing memory exercises like looking through family photos or discussing current events
- Taking a short walk or engaging in light physical movement
If your loved one needs Alzheimer’s and dementia care, Comfort Keepers of State College, Altoona and Clearfield, PA is here to help. In addition to providing care, we want to help enhance your loved one’s quality of life. For more information about our expert and uplifting care, contact us online or reach us by phone at (814) 283-6162.