Personalized Private Duty Nursing in Plymouth, MI and the Surrounding Area
A home health aide from our team will work with you and your family to provide Private Duty Nursing services to your loved one in Plymouth, Canton, Westland, or a nearby city
Sometimes, a family caregiver just doesn't have the expertise to meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. That's why Comfort Keepers of Plymouth, MI has included Private Duty Nursing to our full list of at home care services. Our home health aides are professionally trained to provide the level of care and attention your loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than moving to a nursing facility or hospital. With the help of a caregiver, our home health aides will provide homemaker and personal care services to create complete peace of mind for everyone involved.
What Is Private Duty Nursing?
Unlike our traditional home care services, we offer at Comfort Keepers, this type of care provides the one-on-one medical attention that your loved one may need in Plymouth, MI. The difference between medical and non-medical home care services is that private duty nurses are able to provide a higher level of care than non-medical caregivers. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client, all from one agency.
How A Home Health Aide Can Help Through At Home Care
Our home health aide team is made up of skilled licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs), that can perform the following medical tasks:
- Setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- Administrating medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- Providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- Filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- Maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- Care training for family members
Learn More Today
A home health aide is available to assist clients with regularly scheduled nursing visits, hourly care for extended shifts, or 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support through at home care. If you are interested in learning more about our private duty nursing services, please contact us today by clicking one of the buttons below.