Home Care in Livonia, MI from Comfort Keepers
In Home Care for Seniors in Livonia, MI by Comfort Keepers of Plymouth, MI
The city of Livonia, MI was founded in March of 1835 and for more than 100 years was home to countless sheep and dairy farms. Today Livonia has been named the 5th happiest city in the state of Michigan and is home to a large population of seniors, many of whom worked at either the General Motors automatic transmission plant or the Ford Motor Company parts depot. Many of these seniors now find themselves in need of a in home care service such as the one offered by Comfort Keepers to ensure they can live out their retirement in their own homes rather than a retirement home or assisted living facility.
Adaptable Home Care in Livonia, MI
At Comfort Keepers we know that not everyone needs the same level of in home care as they ease into their golden years. In fact, many need little more than a helping hand keeping their homes clean or with cooking meals. Our home care providers are trained to handle a wide range of light housekeeping chores such as mopping the floors, doing the vacuuming and dusting, washing the dishes, or running the weekly laundry. These simple tasks are often the first to suffer as a person ages and is no longer quite as able-bodied as they once were.
We also have a comprehensive list of care services that we provide to seniors that we feel help enhance their lives in more ways than just one. Here is a full list of our services:
In Home Care:
- Companion Care – our caregivers are dedicated to building solid relationships with the clients in their care
- Personal Care – we offer respectful assistance with personal needs like bathing, dressing, and grooming. This also includes services like fall prevention, mobility assistance, transferring, toileting and incontinence care, and meal preparation
- Safety Care – we ensure seniors stay safe at home, even if they are alone
- Seniors and Technology – if your loved one is struggling with social isolation, our caregivers can make sure they remain connected to friends and family through video calls, social media, and texting
- Interactive Caregiving – our caregivers are there to uplift seniors' lives and ensure they have the best quality of care for their entire health
- Dementia Care – our memory care services allow a person with dementia to remain where they are most familiar and comfortable: home. Our caregivers are trained to the best practices of memory care to ensure you or your loved one is safe and healthy at home for as long as possible
- End of Life Care – we are here to provide essential assistance to terminally ill adults and emotional support for their families
- In-Facility Care – although our agency typically offers care services within the home, we do complement care in nursing homes and assisted living facilities
- Post-Hospital Care – this is our transitional care program that can help older or disabled adults who are about to be discharged from the hospital
Mobility as Part of Our Program in Livonia, MI
Mobility is often a major problem for the elderly and can come in more than one guise. For some driving is no longer an option leaving them stuck at home or at the mercy of family members who also lead busy lives. If you find yourself in this position or have loved ones who can no longer get out and about, our Comfort Keepers caregivers are available to provide transportation to medical appointments, shopping, or just to go for day trip to places like the Greenmead Historical Village where you will find a 103-acre farm/museum that celebrates the history of the Livonia area.