Comfort Keepers Provides Veterans Care in the Western Slope in Grand Junction, CO
At Comfort Keepers, we are dedicated to assisting our country's brave veterans in maintaining their independence.
Our country's veterans have put their lives on the line to protect our individual freedoms. The least we can do is give back. At Comfort Keepers, we offer veteran's care tailored to the needs of seniors who have served our country.
Although veterans have done so much for our country, many of them aren't covered by health insurance and many aren't able to pay for senior home care out of pocket. However, veterans and their surviving spouses may qualify for Veteran's Administration (VA) benefits, which usually cover at least some costs of veteran's care services.
If you're not sure whether you or your loved one qualifies for VA benefits, we're here to help. The following criteria is required to qualify and apply for VA benefits:
- The veteran participated in active duty for at least 90 days
- At least one day of active duty must have been during a time of war
- The veteran does not have the financial means to pay for care themselves
If it sounds like your loved one qualifies for VA benefits, Comfort Keepers can help your senior parent gather the necessary documentation they will need to submit within the application. We can also help to complete the VA paperwork packet, and find an organization that will assist with the process.
The necessary documentation will likely include the following:
- Original discharge certificate
- Marriage certificate and/or divorce papers from any prior marriage(s)
- If applicable, veteran's death certificate
- Social security numbers for the veteran and his or her spouse
- Personal finance records and related documents
If your loved one, and his or her spouse, qualifies, VA benefits could cover some or all their veteran's care costs. To find out more and how Comfort Keepers can help, please give us a call today at (970) 232-2165. Our representatives are standing by to answer any of your questions.