Comfort Keepers Combines Technology with Senior Elderly Home Care Assistance in Greater Woodland, CA
Learn more about the technologies we use in our elderly home care assistance services in Woodland, Davis, West Sacramento, Natomas, and the surrounding area
At Comfort Keepers, we believe in leveraging cutting-edge technology to improve care transparency, reduce social isolation, and boost participation. Our caregivers are trained to utilize various technologies to assist elders and their loved ones in feeling connected and fulfilled. To learn more about how we use technology in our living aid services, contact us at (530) 285-1603 or continue reading below.
Integrating Technology into Elderly Home Care Assistance
The Family Room is a priceless resource for keeping loved ones close and updated on treatment and progress. Open communication and openness are encouraged through this platform, which allows loved ones to safely and easily share care notes, photographs, and updates. Family Room allows caregivers to efficiently record and share information about their caregiving activities. Family members can gather, share information, and lend emotional support to one another all in one convenient online location.
Utilizing Technology to Strengthen Relationships and Increase Engagement
Email, social media, and phone conversations keep many of us connected to one another and the rest of the world in today's culture. Utilizing these technologies to foster a sense of connection may be just as valuable as in-person encounters – mainly when physical proximity is unavailable.
Maintaining relationships with family and friends is critical for the mental and emotional wellness of elders. And, without a doubt, the elderly gain from being connected to the outside world. Isolation from others has several negative implications, including reduced cognition and depression. Through creative solutions, our elderly home care assistance can aid seniors in overcoming feelings of loneliness and social isolation. This may involve the following:
- Regularly scheduled phone and video calls
- Texting to stay connected to friends, family, and community
- Games and activities that promote cognitive function and memory
- Facilitating online activity, such as access to music, dance, photography, and hobbies
- Utilizing our SafetyCare Products to ensure your loved one can be safe at home - even when alone
- Sharing of family photos and event recordings
- Shopping online for groceries
- Scheduling and attending virtual doctor's appointments
The Benefits of Seniors Utilizing Technology
Using current technology has a slew of advantages for the elderly population. It has the potential to significantly improve their quality of life by keeping them healthy and socially connected to those who matter most to them. Additionally, it can provide relief for family caregivers who are juggling caregiving obligations and personal life. The following are just a few of the benefits of using technology in elderly home care assistance and their families:
- It has been found that seniors who use technology and social media have fewer chronic conditions and lower depression than those who don't.
- Seniors agree that using technology has made their life easier for running errands, getting medications, and finding reliable transportation.
- Modern technology is mentally stimulating for older adults as there are endless games, apps, and streaming services for them to take advantage of.
- Seniors and their families no longer have to fear being at home alone, thanks to safety devices that alert family members and the appropriate channels of an accident or fall.
Make an Appointment for a FREE Home Security Assessment and Consultation
Contact our elder care team at (530) 285-1603 to learn more about how our elderly home care assistance in Woodland, Sacramento, Davis, and the surrounding region may include technology. We would gladly answer any queries and set up a no-obligation consultation at no cost to you. Click one of the buttons below to get started with Comfort Keepers.