Senior Care in San Jose, CA
Companion Care™ - Our Approach to Senior Care in San Jose, CA, and the surrounding areas
Our distinctive approach to senior care is at the very heart of Comfort Keepers®.
One of the most important things to seniors is the ability to remain in the comfort of their own homes for as long as possible. Comfort Keepers® can help make this a reality. Our caregivers receive meticulous training in our proprietary Interactive Caregiving™ approach to senior care, a blend of strategies and technology that emphasizes full engagement and interaction.
The goal is to improve the quality of life and help seniors maintain their independence for as long as possible. Comfort Keepers delivers essential personal care, companionship, and housekeeping services − and Interactive Caregiving™ that caregivers and clients believe makes all the difference.
Keeping Seniors Engaged and Active
After living an independent life, it can be frustrating and stressful for seniors to realize they no longer have the mobility they once had. Comfort Keepers allows seniors to take an active role in their senior care to ease these challenges. Our caregivers create physical, mental, and social activities that seniors look forward to doing. We want your loved ones to visit friends, solve crossword puzzles, and listen to music. We want them to do all the activities that make them the happiest.
Our seniors gain healthier and more fulfilling lives by encouraging physical and mental interaction.
The Interactive Caregiving™ Difference
Interactive Caregiving™ means your loved ones never have to tackle their health or recovery alone. Our caregivers work side-by-side to improve well-being and maintain independence through senior care. We use this system because it positively impacts all our client's lives. For instance:
- Physical exercise conditions and strengthens core muscles. This practice reduces the risk of falling, one of seniors' leading injury causes. Studies even show that exercise is better for fall prevention than home modifications.
- Solving puzzles and reminiscing are important mental exercises. They keep the mind nimble and alert, which fights negative emotions and confusion.
- Mental acuity for seniors also comes down to proper diet and hydration. We focus on meal preparation and make sure our clients aren't missing these essentials.
- Caregiver companionship promotes home safety. Our preventative measures, including safety technologies, help seniors stay connected with the modern world.
- Comfort Keepers’ unique Interactive Caregiving™approach operates on four central principles. Each of our trained caregivers employs these principles as they care for, engage, and interact with their clients:
- A senior with an active mind is happier, lives a fuller life, and engages with others.
- A well-nourished senior has a more active mind and body.
- A safe senior lives in an environment that reduces the likelihood of accidents and promotes timely response when illness or accidents occur.
For more information and resources about Interactive Caregiving, visit the Comfort Keepers Info Center section on Senior Care and Related Topics or call us at (408) 610-3794 to discuss the elder care options available.