Comfort Keepers Home Care in Marysville, CA Combines Elderly and Technology to Avoid Social Isolation and Feel Connected
Comfort Keepers caregivers will assist elders with technology in Marysville, Auburn, Grass Valley and surrounding areas.
At Comfort Keepers, we believe in employing cutting-edge technology to improve care transparency, reduce social isolation, and promote participation. Our caregivers are trained to use a variety of technology to assist seniors and their loved ones in feeling connected and purposeful.
Using Technology to Improve Senior Home Care
When families and home care providers work together as a senior's integrated care team, the most successful in-home living support programs occur. Caregivers at Comfort Keepers use web portals to provide care notes, changes in care services, images, and updates to family members. Family and friends can keep an eye on the caregiver's implementation of the tailored care plan, their loved one's physical and emotional health, and the caregiver's efforts to bring hope, purpose, and pleasure into daily life activities. Incorporating elderly and technology has countless benefits.
Using Technology to Improve Connection and Engagement
Email, social media, and phone conversations keep many of us connected to one another and the rest of the world in today's culture. When being together in the same room is not possible, using these tools to create a sense of proximity may be just as useful as in-person encounters.
Maintaining relationships with family and friends is critical for the mental and emotional wellness of elders. There is little doubt that elderly benefit from being connected to the outside world. Social isolation has a number of negative effects, including reduced cognition and depression. Through innovative solutions, our elderly and technology services can assist seniors in overcoming feelings of loneliness and social isolation. This could include:
- Phone and video calls are scheduled on a regular basis.
- Texting to stay in touch with friends, family, and the community
- Cognitive function and memory-boosting games and activities
- Access to music, dancing, photography, and hobbies via the internet
- And more!
The Advantages of Seniors Using Technology
Using current technology has a plethora of advantages for the senior population. It can have a significant impact on their quality of life by keeping them healthy and socially engaged to those they care about. It can also provide respite for family caregivers who are juggling caregiving duties with their personal life. The following are just a few of the advantages of integrating the elderly and technology:
- Seniors who use technology and social media had fewer chronic diseases and lower levels of depression than those who do not.
- Seniors believe that using technology to perform errands, acquire medications, and find reliable transportation has made their lives easier.
- For older individuals, modern technology is psychologically exciting because there are limitless games, applications, and streaming services to choose from.
- Seniors and their families no longer have to worry about being alone at home, owing to safety gadgets that inform family members and the necessary channels in the event of an accident or fall.
Contact Us Today!
Contact our in home care team today to find out how we can incorporate elderly and technology into our care services in Marysville, Sutter, and surrounding cities. We will gladly answer any questions you may have and set up a free, no-obligation consultation. Click one of the options below to get started with Comfort Keepers.