Choosing A Home Care Agency For Your Loved One in Kalispell, MT
Learn key questions to ask when choosing an in home care provider for your loved one in Kalispell
According to the AARP, more than 90 percent of seniors prefer to age in their homes, even if physical or cognitive challenges make it difficult to do so. One way to make it easier for them is to hire an in home caregiver. Prior to choosing a home care agency, however, there are some questions that should be asked.
Questions to Ask A Prospective Home Care Agency
1. How long has the company been in business? Comfort Keepers, for example, has been in the senior care business for over 20 years. Currently, they have over 700 worldwide locations and they are still growing!
2. What care is offered? Not all agencies are created equal, and even the best care is of no use if it is not accessible. Comfort Keepers offers an industry-leading range of senior care options including housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation, transportation, and medication management. For seniors with more advanced needs, personal care is available, including bathing, grooming, dressing, eating, and toileting support. Caregivers specialize in dementia and Alzheimer's care. Best of all, these supports are available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
3. What services are actually provided? Often a home care agency will provide standardized menus of care. Sadly many of these care menus are like getting a cheeseburger meal deal even though you don't eat meat or fries. Comfort Keepers of Kalispell works with the senior and their family to design a personalized care plan detailing the exact supports and services based on a senior's specific and unique needs.
4. Who is responsible for the caregivers? Home health care agencies often act as an intermediary between a senior and the caregiver while others hire independent contractors. This is not always bad, but it could create issues with pay and benefits, insurance, taxes, etc. Comfort Keepers caregivers are all actual employees of the company. As such, they are extensively background checked, trained, bonded, insured, and supervised. Further, all financial, insurance, and tax issues are handled by Comfort Keepers.
5. What about emergencies? As previously noted, even the best care is no good if it is not provided or accessible. Are caregivers available when you need them? If they call out sick or go on vacation, will the home care agency provide a backup? Comfort Keepers has a quality service guarantee to ensure that top-grade service will be provided when it is scheduled.
In short, there are many home care agencies, but there is only one Comfort Keepers in Montana. For more information about the in-home senior care services available to your loved one call us at (406) 206-0897 or contact us online today.