Specialized Alzheimer’s Care in Kalispell, MT, and the Surrounding Areas
Comfort Keepers provides Alzheimer's care for seniors in their homes in Kalispell, MT
Caring for a loved one with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease can be physically and emotionally draining. We understand the challenges faced by family caregivers and can help ease the burden with our specialized in-home Alzheimer's care and dementia care services. Our caregivers are professionally trained, experienced and ready to help.
What Does Alzheimer’s Care & Dementia Care Entail?
Our professionally trained caregivers are equipped to provide the following services for seniors who need dementia care or Alzheimer’s care:
- Maintain familiar surroundings and a safe environment for the senior
- Engage the senior in activities that can stimulate the senses, such as listening to music, reading the newspaper or working on a crossword puzzle
- Prepare nutritious meals to support a balanced diet
- Provide grooming, hygiene and bathing assistance
- Support the senior and family members through the changing behaviors and symptoms often seen with dementia
At Comfort Keepers Home Care in Kalispell, MT we do more than assist with daily tasks and help to manage symptoms. The goal of our dementia and Alzheimer’s care is to help seniors maintain happy, independent lifestyles for as long as possible.
Our caregivers will get to know your senior loved one on a more personal level, learning about likes, dislikes, hobbies and other details that make the senior who they are. With an emphasis on Interactive Caregiving, our caregivers will plan activities that help stimulate seniors’ minds and bodies to create more lucid thought. Such activities include:
- Listening to music together from the senior's favorite era
- Reading a favorite book
- Working on a puzzle or other mind games
- Practicing memory exercises like looking through family photos or discussing current events
- Taking a short walk or engaging in light physical movement
To learn more about the dementia care and Alzheimer's care services available in Kalispell, MT, please contact us online or call us at (406) 206-0897 today. Our team of care coordinators are here to answer your questions and provide the support you need.