Caring For The Elderly Through Comforting Cards
We're teaming up with kids around Cumberland, MD to create works of art that inspire joy
Our agency knows that caring for the elderly involves more than just completing daily tasks. Turning everyday moments into smiles and being a reliable companion are also important! There are many seniors throughout Cumberland, MD that will be celebrating the holidays alone this year. To brighten their day and bring joy to their hearts, we're looking to those at the other end of the age spectrum. If your child is a master of the marker, a captain of the crayon, or a wizard of kind words we are looking for them to show off their talents in our Comforting Cards Contest!
- Only 1 entry per category per person
- Use 1 sheet of plain white paper with no lines
- Markers, crayons, colored pencils or watercolors may be used for design
- Include short greeting message for category on separate sheet of paper
- Only submit a design based on your grade and category
- Put your name, age, grade, and school that you attend under your design
- Entries must be original artwork- no scans, photos or photocopies
- Send photo of original drawing to email@example.com
- Mail original artwork to Comfort Keepers, 805 E Oldtown Rd Suite C, Cumberland, Maryland 21502
- Include signed waiver by parent with original artwork
Design must be received by May 31, 2020 to be considered for the contest. Winners will be announced on or before June 30, 2020.
- There will be 1 winner for each category
- Each winner will receive a $25.00 Visa gift card
- Winner must be present to receive gift card
- Agree to have picture taken at presentation
- Drawings will not be returned and become the property of Comfort Keepers
- Winners will be announced on or before June 30, 2020
- Winning designs will be printed and become part of our Comforting Card collection that will bring joy to a senior’s life and used for future fundraisers.
You can help us go above and beyond bringing joy to local seniors by creating a card for one of these categories. Please only do the category that belongs to your child's grade.
- Thank you – 1st grade
- Happy Holidays – 2nd grade
- Birthday – 3rd grade
- Veterans Day - 4th grade
- Sympathy – 5th grade
Caring for the elderly can be fun and rewarding for all! Thank you for participating in our contest, we look forward to viewing your designs.