Comfort Keepers In Home Care For Seniors in Opelika, AL
Our in home care for seniors is always here when you need it in Opelika, Lafayette, Auburn, and surrounding areas
Every client has unique in home care needs and situations, so Comfort Keepers of Opelika, AL offers a full range of in home companionship and personal care services to provide seniors with the right amount of support for independent living at home. Whether your loved one is in need of part-time in home care for seniors or full-time care, our caregivers can assist your with your needs. Call (334) 749-8461 to schedule a free consultation with Comfort Keepers.
Personal Home Care For Seniors Services
- We can help seniors feel positive about their appearance through bathing, grooming, and hygiene assistance. Bathing not only cleanses the skin but goes deeper to refresh the spirit, provide relaxation, and stimulate circulation. Our Comfort Keepers caregivers are trained to lessen any embarrassment or discomfort.
- Mobility assistance helps seniors maintain as active a lifestyle as possible when considering their ages, abilities, and overall health. There are many physical health benefits of keeping the senior mobile, including lowering blood pressure, improving digestion and sleep, increasing energy and stamina, and strengthening the heart. Comfort Keepers caregivers can also accompany the client on a short walk, and provide encouragement and reminders to complete prescribed exercises.
- Our team members are trained to move and place clients in correct posture positions to promote health and safety. Proper transferring and positioning from or into beds and chairs eliminates pressure areas on the skin, reduces weakening and stiffening of muscles, and encourages proper breathing, digestion, and elimination.
Toileting and Incontinence Care
- Our caregivers work to maintain the dignity and self-esteem of seniors and other adult clients as they assist with daily living activities. Through our in home care approach, Comfort Keepers help lessen the embarrassment clients may feel associated with incontinence and need for toileting assistance.
Feeding and Special Diet
- Some clients need help feeding themselves, and the loss of independent eating can be hard to accept. Our Comfort Keepers understand this and are particularly sensitive, making the extra effort that can turn mealtime into a more enjoyable social time. In addition, through our in home care for seniors, we will help ensure that our clients stay on prescribed diets to prevent or control a wide variety of medical conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure, or diabetes.
- Our team members provide clients companionship, for instance through conversation or when they sit down to share a meal. Social contact such as this is proven to enhance seniors’ health, happiness, and quality of life.
- Many seniors do not have the ability to shop for groceries and fix a well-balanced meal. Comfort Keepers can prepare hot, delicious, nutritious meals based on their clients’ preferences to help them get the proper nutrition they need. Clients may help with meal preparation as their abilities permit.
- Our experts will tend to the laundry either at their clients’ homes or a laundry facility, and will wash, dry, fold, iron, and put clothing away. We work to ensure that each client’s laundry is done according to his or her preferences.
- Our light housekeeping services cover most domestic tasks. Often seniors are able and want to join their caregivers in housework, which can help them feel useful and needed. These tasks include vacuuming, dusting, sweeping and mopping floors, and cleaning bathrooms and kitchens. Please be advised that outdoor cleaning or maintenance services are not provide through on in home care for seniors.
- We will shop for groceries at the stores their clients prefer and run errands such as picking up prescriptions or going to the post office. Clients may choose to stay home or come along and help with the shopping and errands as an excellent way to stay active and engaged. Comfort Keepers will use any coupons provided.
- Our team members can provide incidental transportation for clients, allowing them the freedom to go shopping and attend other activities or get to medical appointments, the barbershop or beauty salon, and other places the senior chooses. Getting a senior out and about is good for the senior’s mind, body, and spirit.
- Although Comfort Keepers cannot administer medications, they can help ensure that clients take their own medications as prescribed. Our team can assist with opening medication containers, reading labels, and reminding their clients when it is time to take a dose.
- Depending on the client’s needs, Comfort Keepers can provide in home care for seniors just a few hours a week or provide around the clock care. Through our 24-hour senior care service, a team of Comfort Keepers coordinates caregiving responsibilities in shifts. This offers clients and their families’ full-time peace of mind.
Contact Us Now To Learn More!
If you are interested in learning more about our in home care services, please contact us online or call anytime at (334) 749-8461. A senor advisor is available 24/7 to handle any inquiries.