Senior Care Services for Older Adults in Greater Federal Way, WA
Seniors who may need transportation utilize our senior care services in Federal Way, WA, and the surrounding areas.
I'm sure you had butterflies in your stomach in the moments leading up to your driving test due to your nervousness. You were nervous because you knew that passing your test would bring you the freedom you had never known. That independence stays with you all your life, even when you get older. While growing older has several benefits, it also brings a loss of vision, range of motion, and pain in the limbs. These worries commonly cause seniors to stop driving for safety reasons, but we're here to inform you that you don't have to stop driving right immediately. If you do, we provide senior care services that can help. If you make a few changes to your routine, you will be able to drive for as long as possible. We've put together a list of things you can do to keep your driving privileges.
- Staying Active: Regular exercise can help you improve your overall strength and flexibility. Improve these two skills over time, and you'll be better at steering and turning your head to see what's going on in the traffic.
- Have Your Eyes Checked: Your eyes are one of the most important parts of driving, and having them checked at least once a year is very important. The eye doctor will assess if you need new lenses or glasses, which will make a significant impact.
- Schedule a Hearing Test: Hearing, like vision, is an important driving factor that is commonly underestimated. Having your hearing checked to see if you need hearing aids will make driving a lot better.
- Adjust as Necessary: Buying a new car may help you improve your driving skills. New vehicles have a lot of features that make them easier to drive. Backup cameras, blind spot sensors, power windows and locks, and many other things are on the list of items.
- Preparation is essential: Having a driving plan will help you avoid driving at rush hour or night, which can be dangerous. It can be hazardous to drive at certain times, which is why you might want to plan ahead to save time.
Contact Us Today
Comfort Keepers can help your family members find senior care services and transportation services that fit their specific needs. If your loved one needs help at home, our staff can ensure that the senior care services are just right. You or your loved one can get 24-hour care from us, or just a few hours of care a day, based on what you or they need. If you have any questions about our senior care services, call us at (253) 200-0038.