Comfort Keepers Provides Veterans With Home Care Assistance Services in the Greater Herndon, VA area
At Comfort Keepers, we are dedicated to assisting our country's brave veterans in maintaining their independence with home care assistance throughout Herndon, VA, and the nearby area.
Those who have served our country have risked their lives for our freedoms. We owe it to ourselves to give back. At Comfort Keepers, we understand the unique requirements of our nation's aging veterans and provide them with specialized care. We ensure that all of the veterans in our care have access to the best elder care services offered by our compassionate caregivers.
Despite their sacrifices for our country, many veterans lack access to health insurance and cannot afford elder home care on their own. Veterans Administration (VA) benefits, which typically pay at least some of the costs of veteran's care services, may be available to veterans and their surviving spouses.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding VA Aid and Housebound Allowance
What is the difference between VA Aid and Household Allowance?
Both VA Aid and Housebound Allowance increase the monthly pension amount paid to the Veteran or their surviving spouse in order to cover the costs of short and long term care. The difference lies in the eligibility requirements.
VA Aid can be used for temporary illness or disability assistance and Housebound Allowance is only for permanent disabilities or illnesses.
What are VA Aid eligibility requirements?
You can be eligible for VA Aid if one or more of the following are true:
- You require assistance from another to perform Activities For Daily Living (ADL’s)
- You are primarily bedridden due to illness or a disability
- You are in a nursing home for the loss of physical and mental abilities due to illness or a disability
- Your eyesight is 5/200 or less in both eyes, even with glasses or contact lenses
What are Housebound Allowance eligibility requirements?
You can be eligible for Housebound Allowance if the following is true:
- You have one or more disabilities that permanently confines you to the home or other living facility
Can I receive both the VA Aid and Housebound Allowance pension rates?
While you may be eligible for both, you cannot receive these rates at the same time.
How do I apply for VA Aid or Housebound Allowance?
You can apply to receive these Veterans home care assistance benefits by:
- Sending a VA Form 21-2680 to your pension management center
- Sending a VA Form 21-0779 to your pension management center (only for those in a nursing home)
- Applying in person at your VA regional office
How much aid can be expected?
Rates will be determined based on:
- Whether you’re eligible for VA Aid or Housebound Allowance (MAPR)
- Whether you’re a Veteran or a surviving spouse of one (MAPR)
- The number of dependants you have (MAPR)
- Your countable income of yourself and your dependents; including Social Security, investment payouts, or retirement payments
*MAPR, or maximum annual pension rate, are based on these factors and other limits set by congress
Find out more information by clicking one of the links below!
Other Avenues For Veterans Home Care Assistance
In addition to the pension benefits provided through the VA Aid and Housebound Allowance programs, Veterans and their families can receive support if they qualify for:
In Need Of Help? Give Us a Call Today
We wish to express our gratitude to all military veterans and active duty personnel for everything they accomplish. Be certain that our carers will use every effort to keep you and your family secure, content, and healthy at home. Call our company in Herndon, Virginia, at (703) 424-9519 or contact us online to learn more about Veterans home care assistance, or to schedule a free in-home assessment.