Dementia Home Care for Seniors in Ann Arbor, MI and Nearby Areas
Find out how specialized dementia home care can help your loved one in Arbor, Dexter, Ypsilanti, and surrounding cities
Looking after and caring for a loved one who has dementia or Alzheimer's disease can be physically and emotionally draining. At Comfort Keepers, we understand the difficulties and frustrations associated with caring for a loved one with dementia, which is why we work to simplify things.
Comfort Keepers provides individualized dementia home care services for clients who are experiencing memory loss or cognitive decline. Our caregivers have received advanced training and are prepared to assist your family.
What Exactly Is Dementia?
Dementia is a general term that refers to a deterioration in mental capacity, such as memory loss or an inability to perform routine activities that is severe enough to impair a person's everyday life. Alzheimer's disease is the most common form of dementia, accounting for about 50 percent to 80 percent of dementia cases. Our programs support seniors with these symptoms by concentrating on their cognitive skills and talents and assisting them with challenging or stressful activities.
How Can Comfort Keepers Assist?
Comfort Keepers provides part-time, full-time, and around-the-clock dementia home care services for seniors with cognitive decline. Our caregivers are available 24/7 to help with:
- Personal Care
- Companion Care
- Meal Preparation
- Medication Reminders
- Wandering Prevention
- Memory Care
- Establishing Healthy Routines
- Transportation Assistance to Therapies and Appointments
- And More
Our professional caregivers are trained to handle issues that may arise due to dementia and create a calm environment for their clients.
The Benefits of Dementia Care at Home
Older adults with dementia often have a difficult time adjusting to new living environments. When an individual has dementia, they often do not know what is happening to them and can be agitated or confused when placed in unfamiliar surroundings. It can also be difficult for their family members to take care of them, and they may feel overwhelmed by their loved one's symptoms. Comfort Keepers provides care at home for seniors with dementia, and we can provide respite care for overloaded family members.
Additional benefits include:
- We conduct a care assessment and tailor our dementia home care programs to meet the individual needs of each of our senior clients, taking into account their physical health and cognitive capacity.
- You will receive professional assistance from caregivers trained in the best practices of dementia and Alzheimer's care.
- Seniors will not be forced to move out of the familiar environment of their home nor be a risk when a caregiver is nearby.
- Your loved one will have a consistent caregiver (or team of caregivers) who ensures they are in a safe and calm environment.
- Family members don't have to worry about their loved ones while they are at work or away.
- Dementia home care is a cost-effective solution compared to assisted living facilities.
- You can ask specific questions about your loved one's symptoms and psychological needs.
- Caregivers are trained to assist with taking medications, preparing meals, handling fears, and more.
- Our team can develop a routine with our clients to help keep them from becoming agitated or confused.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
You can learn more about our dementia home care in Ann Arbor, Dexter, Ypsilanti, and the surrounding Michigan cities by contacting our office today. We are here to answer any of your concerns or questions about our compassionate care and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with a care coordinator. To get started with Comfort Keepers, please click one of the buttons below.