Let Us Make Your Loved One Smile
Providing In-Home Transitional Care Ft. Myers, FL
We simplify the process for you:
Virtual or In-Home Assessment
Care Plan Creation with the Client Care Coordinator
Assigned a Care Team
In-Home Transitional Care in Ft. Myers
When your loved one is released from the hospital after a severe injury, illness, or health issue, it is a hectic transition to get them home and comfortable. They have been in a building where medical personnel are trying to maintain their vital health and well-being, but now they are back in your living room. The frustration can be overwhelming.
You may be asking yourself:
- How do I make my loved one more comfortable?
- How can I get them to eat?
- Can I get them to go to the bathroom?
- Is it safe for them to move around?
- Can I get them to go to sleep?
These questions can consume you, as well as your loved one.
Most of the time, as a family caregiver, you feel like you are the only one that can help. However, after a couple of days, you may find yourself overwhelmed by the physical and emotional challenges on top of your own daily activities. That is why Comfort Keepers is proud to offer in-home transitional care to seniors throughout Ft. Myers. We can help your loved one recover from illness or injury and help transition them to their normal daily activities.
Transitioning to Home with Post-Hospital Care
Providing specialized care helps ease the transition for your loved one. Our services at Comfort Keepers can include:
- Help with recovery by providing reminders about medications and ensuring the home health plan is followed
- Assist with household duties, including cleaning, meal preparation, errands, and household activities.
- Transportation for follow-up appointments
- A safe and secure environment for your loved one, as well as your family and friends
- Communicating with the medical staff
- Arrangements for specific medical needs, such as pneumonia, congestive heart failure, and myocardial infarction (heart attack)
Reducing Readmissions Through Quality Transitional Care
It is possible for your loved one to suffer from post-hospital syndrome, a period of vulnerability lasting up to seven weeks after discharge. If the proper care is not provided, they are at a higher risk of rehospitalization.
Following the directions of the doctor can prevent re-hospitalizations. However, seniors can find it difficult or even impossible to perform the necessary daily tasks after surgery, serious injury, or illness. Seniors may need outside support to ensure they can follow their doctor's instructions.
Following their doctor's plan, seniors will find their quality of life not just returns to normal, but also improves. While your loved one is being cared for by a team of professionals, you can rest assured that they are in good hands. Additionally, you will be able to turn your attention to your loved one without worrying about your daily tasks.
It is our hope that Comfort Keepers can help you and your loved one safely navigate the transition process. To get your loved one the post-hospital care they need, contact us today. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.