Comfort Keepers Private Duty Nursing is available in the Green Bay-Appleton, Wisconsin and surrounding areas.
Comfort Keepers private duty nursing will provide the next level of care for your loved at home and reduce your daily worry.
Sometimes a family caregiver or home care professional just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. Comfort Keepers® can help with private duty nursing. Our specially trained private duty nurses provide the level of care a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
In contrast to Comfort Keepers' traditional in-home care services, this type of nursing provides one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or in a facility. Private duty nurses provide the higher level of care while working in tandem with the caregiver who is providing companion-homemaker services along with personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client, all from one agency.
How Comfort Keepers Can Help
Our home care professionals and registered nurses (RNs) can perform many medical and private duty nursing tasks such as the following:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
- other tasks as needed
Comfort Keepers’ private duty nursing is available to assist clients with regularly scheduled nursing visits or hourly care for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support.
Contact us today at (920) 204-6068 or schedule your free in-home consultation to learn more about our Private Duty Nursing care.