Grocery Shopping Eldercare Services in Brentwood, TN
Worried about a loved one’s access to fresh food and diverse nutrition? Eldercare services from Comfort Keepers of Brentwood and the surrounding areas can help
At Comfort Keepers, every single one of our care plans revolves around three principles: that seniors with active bodies enjoy physical health for longer; that seniors with active minds are more prepared for a healthy aging process; and that seniors with access to a wide variety of fresh foods are better able to maintain good holistic health. That’s why our eldercare services include help with getting, making, and serving fresh meals based on your loved one’s dietary needs.
Food is a meaningful part of our lives, much more than fulfilling a physical need. Many families hand down recipes through generations or make memories together at a favorite restaurant. Your aging loved one deserves ongoing access to these cultural and familial aspects of food! Our eldercare services are customized to meet your loved one’s unique needs, and that includes nutritional assistance.
Grocery shopping and meal preparation are essential components of comprehensive eldercare. A caregiver from Comfort Keepers can help your loved one by:
- Providing transportation. We offer safe, reliable rides for your loved one so that they can access the doctor’s office, the pharmacy, the grocery store, and other services.
- Providing mobility assistance. A caregiver can help your loved one navigate the grocery store, get into or out of the car safely, or use a mobility assistance device as needed.
- Grocery shopping services. Keep seniors safely in their homes while our caregivers pick up the groceries and any other essential provisions.
- Making fresh meals. We can help your loved one complete kitchen tasks by making them more accessible or provide end-to-end meal preparation and planning services. We can even make made-ahead meals so that your loved one always has access to good nutrition.
- Following doctor’s orders. Your loved one’s doctor may have provided dietary recommendations based on your loved one’s health or prescription medications. We’ll help your loved one research new recipes or modify existing recipes to follow these recommendations.
Seniors who don’t have access to in-home eldercare services are more likely to suffer from limited mobility and lack of transportation, which can mean a hard time getting groceries or fresh foods. With Comfort Keepers, your family will have a partner in providing the best possible quality of life for your loved one.
If you’re concerned about the dietary needs of a loved one, in-home companionship care from Comfort Keepers can make a difference. Contact our office serving Brentwood, TN and the surrounding areas today to learn more about our eldercare services or give us a call at (615) 942-0111.