Comfort Keepers® Is Honored to Serve Our Nation’s Veterans
We feel privileged to provide home care for veterans who served our nation in its time of need. We provide you with the information to work through the paperwork to help you avoid potential pension claim delays. Once you become an approved participant in a VA program, Comfort Keepers will provide the quality home care and companionship our veterans deserve. There are several veteran in-home care programs for which an individual may qualify:
- Improved Pension Benefit Program
- Homemaker/Home Health Aide Program
- In-Home Respite Program
You can find out more from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
If you or your spouse served 90 consecutive days of active military duty – at least one of those days during a U.S. declared war – you may qualify or be partially qualified.
Other qualifications include specific financial criteria and documented physical need for in-home care.
To begin the application process, you will need:
- Original discharge certificate
- Marriage certificate (divorce papers from any prior marriages, if applicable)
- Death certificate of veteran (if applicable)
- Social Security numbers for the veteran and spouse