Caregiving Can be Complicated. Let Us Make it Easy.
We simplify the process for you:
Virtual or In-Home Assessment
Care Plan Creation with the Client Care Coordinator
Assigned a Care Team
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Home Care in Princeton, NJ
Caring for a loved one suffering from Alzheimer’s or dementia can be challenging, especially as the disease progresses. As an alternative to a care facility, Comfort Keepers® is here to provide the help needed to ensure any senior can live safely in their home. Our caregivers are specially trained to engage clients in physical, emotional, and intellectual interactions that complement their medical treatment and improve the senior’s quality of life.
Alzheimer’s or dementia care includes:
- Caregivers specially trained in providing care for seniors with memory loss
- A customized care plan to address the senior’s needs and preferences
- Education to help the family better understand dementia
- Activities focused on the senior’s interests to keep them engaged emotionally, physically, and mentally
- In-home services, including companionship, medication reminders, personal care, and family respite care
Professional Dementia Care in Princeton, NJ
For a senior parent or loved one with dementia, simple chores become activities that can threaten their safety and quality of life. Regardless of the stage of their disease, reliable care and support are available. Our caregivers are specially trained to provide in-home dementia care tailored to each senior’s specific needs. Care plans can include:
- Activities designed around a loved one’s interests and capabilities to bring joy, encourage physical and emotional wellbeing, and provide mental stimulation.
- Support for physician-prescribed nutrition and exercise, respite care, companionship, and other needs
- Support groups, referrals to medical professionals, resources for family caregivers
Our experienced caregivers can assist with minor tasks, ensure medications are taken as prescribed and provide companionship in the early stages of dementia. Yet, care needs to evolve and become more complex. As this happens, our compassionate caregivers can help alleviate feelings associated with dementia, such as anxiety, fear, and restlessness. With our dementia caregivers, seniors can continue to enjoy living in their home safely and comfortably.
Caring for Seniors with Alzheimer’s in Princeton, NJ
Alzheimer’s impacts the entire family, not just the family member with the condition. Coping with the effects of the disease requires patience, love, and empathy, but you don’t need to do it alone. Our specially trained caregivers provide care for seniors with Alzheimer’s by:
- Reducing frustrations when scheduling, involving the senior, providing choices, and reducing distractions
- Remaining flexible, adapting to their routine and expectations as needed
- Creating and maintaining a safe environment to prevent falls, restrict dangerous materials, and take the proper fire safety precautions
- Offering individualized care is a priority
Our caregivers also ensure seniors with Alzheimer’s or dementia have opportunities for meaningful engagement, building and nurturing caring, authentic relationships, and provide a care plan to evolve with the senior’s needs. For additional information and to set up an in-home consultation for a loved one, contact us today at (609) 890-2888.