In Home Care in Harrison, ID
End-of-Life In Home Care in Harrison, ID by Comfort Keepers
When a loved one has been told that they have a limited lifespan, most will say that they prefer the idea of spending their final days in the family home surrounded by those they love rather than in a hospice or nursing home. This is only natural, and many families in the Harrison, ID area are only too happy to provide end-of-life in home care for their loved ones. At the same time, many do not realize just how physically, mentally, and emotionally challenging providing this level of care can be. At Comfort Keepers of Coeur d’Alene, our caregivers are here to help provide care for your loved one and to help out around the house as needed.
What Our In Home Care Plans in Harrison, ID Can Offer
It is the goal of our entire team of caregivers to provide each of our clients with a wide range of personal care and homemaking services that let the family enjoy as much time as possible with their loved one during the limited time they have left. Our caregivers are here to help by providing a number of services, including:
- Companion Care- Caregivers aim to form a close bond with who they care for. They can be a friend and companion for them so elders do not feel as lonely.
- Personal Care- From washing and dressing to shaving and other forms of self-care, we assist elders with all areas of personal hygiene. Caregivers can also shop for groceries and meal prep to help seniors keep a nutritious diet.
- Seniors and Technology- If your senior loved one is feeling lonely, our caregivers can keep him or her in touch with friends and family via video chat, social media, and texting.
- Senior Transportation- We provide transportation for the elderly who wish to visit family or friends in the neighborhood, run errands, go to doctors appointments, or anywhere else.
- Interactive Caregiving- This is our holistic approach of care in every plan. This focuses on the well-being of a seniors' mental and physical health.
- 24-Hour Care: Ongoing, around-the-clock assistance and care for elders suffering from serious illnesses, in need of advanced care, or who are concerned about their safety.
- Alzheimer's and Dementia Care: Memory care helps seniors suffering from Alzheimer's or dementia to remain in their homes for longer periods of time.
- End-of-Life Care: Compassionate care and support for terminally ill seniors and their families in their final stages of life.
- In-Facility Care: If you or a loved one require additional care or company, we will gladly assist you or them in a facility.
- Post-Hospital Care: After an elderly person is discharged from the hospital, we assist them in recovering by following their doctor's orders and assisting them with their daily chores until they are fully recovered.
Care for After Your Loved One Passes in Harrison, ID
At Comfort Keepers, our caregivers are there to continue helping your family after your loved one passes, and will help you to organize their personal possessions and even arrange to move them into storage or any other location. There is also emotional support available should you or another member of the family need someone to talk to and help them process their grief.
We're Here To Help Your Loved One
If you are ready for your free in-home care consultation or would like to learn more about the many in home care services we offer in the Harrison, ID area, all you have to do is contact us at (208) 357-4295. Our Senior Care Advisors are available 24/7 to answer your questions.