Private Duty Nursing in Durango, CO and Surrounding Areas
We provide the next level of companion care for your loved ones at home in Durango, Aztec, Bloomfield and surrounding cities through our private duty nursing.
Family caregivers and professionals providing companion care are often fully equipped to handle the initial needs of an aging senior. What happens, however, when the needs of the senior begin to intensify and they require medical attention?
Comfort Keepers can help by providing private duty nursing. Our private duty nursing provides a more medically focused version of our normal home care, thus allowing seniors with greater needs to remain in the comfort of their own home instead of a nursing facility or hospital. To learn more about Comfort Keepers private duty nursing, call us at (970) 515-7055.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
In contrast to Comfort Keepers' traditional in-home care services, this type of nursing provides one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or a facility. Private duty nurses provide a higher level of care while working in tandem with the caregiver who is providing companion-homemaker services along with personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client, all from one agency.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
With private duty nursing, one of our highly skilled Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) or Registered Nurses (RNs) will visit your loved one to assist or take care of more medical-focused tasks. While private duty nursing does focus more on the senior’s medical needs, all nurses are still trained in our Interactive CaregivingTM model meaning that they will still provide a level of companion care. Services provided through nursing care include:
- Setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or in automated medication dispensing machines to ensure medications are administered incorrect dosages and at correct times
- Administering various medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and ear drops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- Providing personal medical in the form of nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- Filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, as well as drawing and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- Maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- Training family members to provide care
We Are Here to Help!
Comfort Keepers private duty nurses are available to assist clients through regularly scheduled nursing visits or with hourly care over extended shifts. Nurses are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Each nurse will work closely with the client’s medical support team and family to ensure the highest quality of companion care is provided to your loved one.
If you would like to learn more about our nursing or schedule a free visit call (970) 515-7055 or contact us online today!