Alzheimer's and Dementia Home Care at Comfort Keepers in Durango, CO
Quality Alzheimer’s and Dementia Home Care for Seniors in Durango, CO
Comfort Keepers is the leading Alzheimer’s and dementia home care provider in Durango, CO, and the surrounding areas. As much as 18% of the seniors we care for have received a dementia diagnosis — we understand what families are going through when caring for a loved one with dementia and we can help.
Our care services are highly personalized, our caregivers have received the best Alzheimer’s and dementia home care training, and our rates are very affordable, making it possible for seniors with dementia to age at home instead of in a nursing home.
Here are the benefits of working with Comfort Keepers:
- Compassionate caregivers that are highly trained, qualified, and experienced
- Family education on understanding the dementia
- Memory-boosting activities and opportunities for physical and mental stimulation
- Senior care services that encompass all activities of daily living, from meal prep to transportation
- SafetyChoice technology solutions for improving senior safety, like medical alert systems
How Comfort Keepers Caregivers Can Help with Dementia Care
Comfort Keepers Alzheimer’s and dementia home care is based on our Interactive Caregiving approach to caregiving — an approach that has transformed the care industry by encouraging seniors to be as active in their care as possible.
When caring for someone with dementia, we first want to learn as much as we can about them — about their condition, likes and dislikes, interests, personality, and more. This allows us to build a highly personalized care plan that includes the client’s favorite activities. Some examples are listening to music, viewing photo albums, spending time in nature, playing board games.
We can provide:
- Customized care plans (which are very flexible — you can make changes to your loved one’s plan at any time)
- Activities that bring seniors joy and happiness (this may slow down the progression of the disease)
- Support for physician-prescribed diets and exercise regimes
- Respite care for family members
- Referral to medical professional and support groups in the area
How to Care for a Loved One with Dementia at Home
When taking care of a parent or relative diagnosed with dementia, it is important to:
- Be flexible and patient
- Reduce frustrations and stress
- Prevent disruptions to the routine
- Create a safe environment
- Provide individualized care
Comfort Keepers Alzheimer’s and dementia home care can help you ensure that your loved one is getting the right level of care at all times. Please reach out to our office in Durango to learn more about us and schedule your free care consultation!