Companion Care for Inland Empire Seniors
Uplifting care and friendship for your loved one
At Comfort Keepers® Redlands and Yucaipa, we understand the incredible effects that socialization and companionship can have on elderly mental health and well-being. Opportunities to engage with others and grow relationships with friends, family, neighbors, and community members can help improve symptoms of depression, ease feelings of senior isolation and loneliness, and even reduce the risk of dementia.
By spending time with our caregivers, your loved one not only has someone at the ready to help around the house or help prepare a meal, they also have a friend who offers social connection and a companion who can help them get back to doing the things that bring them joy.
What is companion care?
Companion care, or companionship, provides emotional support, friendship, and socialization for seniors and other independent adults. Our caregivers are trained and skilled in a broad range of care services that support home companion care, senior mental health, and aging in place.
How Comfort Keepers Can Help
Common home companion care activities include:
- Meal prep: Our caregivers can provide assistance with meal preparation and grocery shopping that helps support physician-prescribed nutrition and diet plans.
- Conversation: Our caregivers provide seniors with conversation, mealtime companionship, and camaraderie during their favorite activities, such as playing games or listening to music
- Laundry and light housekeeping: Our caregivers can take care of laundry needs, either in the home or at a nearby laundromat, including ironing and putting the laundry away. Light housekeeping services include vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping,
- Grocery shopping and errands: Our companion care services can also include grocery shopping, prescription pick-up, or other errands into the custom care plan to assist those who prefer not to, or can’t, leave their home.
- Transportation: We provide transportation services to help those that need assistance home after a hospital stay or need a ride to and from doctor appointments, other important appointments, and social events.
- Medication reminders - Caregivers can help ensure that clients take their medication as prescribed by providing medication reminders. They can open medication containers, read care plans and prescription labels, and remind the client when it is time for the next dose
- Reminders for personal care and grooming
- Light activity, such as a walk or time spent outside
At Comfort Keepers, we focus on activities that bring joy, provide mental stimulation and encourage physical and emotional wellbeing. Our caregivers are in regular communication with a client’s loved ones to share progress, answer questions, and simply check in by providing companion care.
A holistic approach
Caring for the whole person is at the center of our Interactive Caregiving™ philosophy. It’s a holistic approach that cares for the mind, body, spirit and well-being. Instead of just doing for your loved one, we use every moment to do tasks and activities with them to increase engagement and fulfillment. By focusing on Interactive Caregiving, we can elevate the spirits of our clients and their families.
Individualized Custom Care Plans
Working with seniors and their family members Comfort Keepers develops custom care plans that include physical safety and wellbeing, emotional health, and socialization. Our goal is to help our clients have the best quality of life while maintaining their independence at home.