We Provide Complete Alzheimer's and Dementia Services for Opelika, AL Families
Comfort Keepers of Opelika, AL is proud to provide our neighbors with complete Alzheimer's and dementia services with a single goal in mind. That goal is to make it possible for those living with this debilitating condition to continue living in the comfort and safety of their own homes or with family.
Did you know that according to the Alzheimer's Association, there are more than 5.8 million seniors in the U.S. who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and dementia?
Did you know that there are over 50 million people with Alzheimer's disease in the world?
Did you know that every 65 seconds an American is diagnosed with Alzheimer's and on a global scale that this number becomes one person every 33 seconds?
Did you know that in the years 2000 through 2017 the number of Americans who have died due to Alzheimer's diseases has increased by 145% in contrast to the 6% drop in heart attack related deaths?
Currently, medical research has been unable to determine the cause of Alzheimer's disease. There is no known cure for this disease, leaving many families trying to understand how to provide Alzheimer's and dementia services for their loved one.
Give us a call at (334) 530-6293 to learn more!
What Can You Do When Your Life is Already Busy?
If you are like most families, your days and often nights are already so busy there never seems to be enough hours in the day. Adding in the challenge of providing Alzheimer's and dementia services may seem like an impossibility. Before you let their care completely overwhelm you, turn to Comfort Keepers of Opelika, AL for a helping hand. We can provide your loved one with one of our amazing caregivers who has received specialized training in providing Alzheimer's and dementia care for seniors.
Those Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease Can Still Enjoy Living at Home
While you might not think that a person suffering from Alzheimer's disease can continue living at home or with family, in most cases this is not true. With the right dementia services and a loving family, there is no reason your loved one can't continue to live in their home or with family. Many doctors say the daily routine that comes from being at home is better for them and will reduce the anxiety, stress, and confusion caused by Alzheimer's and dementia.
Comfort Keepers Superior Dementia Services Can Help
Instead of being tempted to go it alone, we offer skilled caregivers who are not only trained to provide their clients with superior dementia services but come to their home or yours ready to work with you and your loved one to help them continue living at home. Among the many benefits of having one of our caregivers are:
- They can help create a daily routine of fun games (board games) and mental exercises designed to help stimulate your loved one's brain and keep them in the present. A daily routine also helps relieve anxiety and confusion.
- They can help create a record of any changes noticed as your loved one's condition progresses. Creating a log of these changes makes it easier for the information to be shared with their medical provider, who in turn can use this information to adjust the type of dementia services they receive.
- They can provide your loved one with incidental transportation to things like doctor and dental appointments, the local senior center, even shopping.
- They can provide your loved one (and you if your loved one lives with you) a vast array of homemaking and personal care services designed to help keep the home they live in clean, livable, and safe.
- They can provide family caregivers with respite care services that allow a little extra rest or provide time to run errands or simply indulge in a little self-care.
- They can provide you with education about Alzheimer's disease and providing dementia services for your loved one.
If you have an elderly member of your family who is living with Alzheimer's disease and you need a helping hand providing the dementia services they need, contact us here at Comfort Keepers of Opelika, AL at (334) 530-6293. While talking to our agent, be sure you schedule your free in-home consultation with one of our senior advisors who specialize in Alzheimer's and dementia care to discuss your loved one's condition and the level of assistance needed from our caregivers.