Warning Signs That Your Elderly Family Member in Federal Way, WA, Might Need Senior Care
Learn how to detect if a loved one requires senior care assistance in Federal Way, WA, and the surrounding areas.
Your parents and other family members may gradually show indications of aging, making it difficult to determine whether they require senior care. Trips to the bathroom infrequently, abrupt weight loss and forgetfulness are all red signals. Even if they can't do the things they used to, they'll most likely assure you that everything is alright. If any of these indicators appear in your parents or other family members, contact us right away to learn more about how our senior care services may help you.
It might be challenging for anyone (especially a parent) to admit that they require assistance. As a result, you must be on the alert for signals that your parents could need help before a minor health problem becomes a severe disaster.
Ten Signs Your Elderly Relative Might Need Senior Care:
- Weight reduction, decreased hunger, or a lack of meals may result from changing one's eating habits.
- Neglecting personal hygiene, which includes clothing, body odor, dental health, nails, and skincare
- A considerable reduction in cleanliness and sanitation indicates a lack of home care.
- Behaving inappropriately, such as being overly loud, quiet, anxious, or agitated, or making phone calls at inconvenient times
- Friends and neighbors are concerned about the shifts in social connection patterns.
- Bruises, for example, could be the result of general weakness, carelessness, or heavy alcohol or medicine usage.
- Reducing or discontinuing involvement in previously rewarding activities, such as book club, dinner with friends, or religious services.
- Unopened mail, stacks of newspapers, unfilled prescriptions, and missed appointments are all common occurrences resulting from forgetfulness.
- Poor financial management can take various forms, including failing to pay bills on time, making several payments, or hiding money.
- Entering an unusually large number of contests or increasing purchases due to television advertisements are both examples of purchasing abnormalities.
With the help of Comfort Keepers Home Care, you and your family will be able to go through this difficult time with ease! We attempt to satisfy each senior's individual needs while also assisting them in making the most of their time.
Contact Us Today to Learn More
If you would like to hear more about our home care services and how we can help your aging loved one, reach us at (253) 200-0038. Our care team would love to discuss our individualized senior care plans with you today.