Comfort Keepers Integrates Elderly and Technology Into Care Services for Seniors in Houston, TX
Comfort Keepers provides in home care services that aid elders in Houston, Bellaire, the Heights, and surrounding areas.
At Comfort Keepers, we believe in employing cutting-edge technology to improve care transparency, reduce social isolation, and promote participation. Our caregivers are trained to use a variety of technology to assist seniors and their loved ones in feeling connected and purposeful. Call our office at (713) 715-4314 for more information on how we incorporate the elderly and technology into our care services, or continue reading below.
Using Technology to Improve Senior Home Care
When families and home care providers work together as a senior's integrated care team, the most successful in-home living support programs occur. Caregivers at Comfort Keepers use web portals to provide care notes, changes in care services, images, and updates to family members. Family and friends can keep an eye on the caregiver's implementation of the tailored care plan, their loved one's physical and emotional health, and the caregiver's efforts to bring hope, purpose, and pleasure into daily life activities.
Using Technology to Improve Connection and Engagement
Email, social media, and phone conversations keep many of us connected to one another and the rest of the world in today's culture. When being together in the same room is not possible, using these tools to create a sense of proximity may be just as useful as in-person encounters.
Maintaining relationships with family and friends is critical for the mental and emotional wellness of elders. There is little doubt that elderly benefit from being connected to the outside world. Social isolation has a number of negative effects, including reduced cognition and depression. Through innovative solutions, our services can assist seniors in overcoming feelings of loneliness and social isolation. This could include:
- Phone and video calls are scheduled on a regular basis.
- Texting to stay in touch with friends, family, and the community
- Cognitive function and memory-boosting games and activities
- Facilitating access to music, dancing, photography, and hobbies via the internet
- Using our SafetyCare Products to safeguard your loved one's safety at home - even when they are alone
- Sharing of family photos and video records of events
- Grocery shopping done online
- Virtual doctor's appointments can be scheduled and attended virtually.
The Advantages of Seniors Using Technology
Using current technology has a plethora of advantages for the senior population. It can have a significant impact on their quality of life by keeping them healthy and socially engaged to those they care about. It can also provide respite for family caregivers who are juggling caregiving duties with their personal life. The following are just a few of the advantages of elderly and technology for seniors and their families:
- Seniors who use technology and social media had fewer chronic diseases and lower levels of depression than those who do not.
- Seniors believe that using technology to perform errands, acquire medications, and find reliable transportation has made their lives easier.
- For older individuals, modern technology is psychologically exciting because there are limitless games, applications, and streaming services to choose from.
- Seniors and their families no longer have to worry about being alone at home, owing to safety gadgets that inform family members and the necessary channels in the event of an accident or fall.
Contact Us Today To Schedule A FREE Consultation!
Contact our care team today to find out how we can incorporate elderly and technology into our living assistance services in Houston and the surrounding areas. We will gladly answer any questions you may have and set up a free, no-obligation consultation. Click one of the options below to get started with Comfort Keepers elderly and technology services.