Private Duty Nursing
Private Duty Nursing in the Comfort of your Home
We provide care to meet advanced needs for your loved ones at home to improve their health and happiness.
Traditional in-home care allows your loved one to get the help he or she needs without giving up independence. If your loved one is healthy, you might be able to meet his or her needs on your own or hire a caregiver to help provide the assistance they need.
However, there are times when care needs are more advanced, we can help through our uplifting private duty nursing care services. A private duty nurse from Comfort Keepers® offers loved ones the level of care they need where they want it - not in a nursing facility or hospital, but in the comfort and safety of home.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
Unlike traditional in-home care services, private duty nurses provide one-on-one medical care. They are qualified to offer this care in the comfort of the patient's own home, or in a facility such as a hospital or nursing home. They can offer advanced care, working in tandem with the family. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by our clients, all from one source.
Next-Level Home Care for Your Family Member
We hire highly trained, qualified staff to provide specialized care. Our private duty nurses are either licensed practical nurses (LPNs) or Registered Nurses (RNs).
And, our nurses can work in conjunction with traditional in-home caregivers to provide the same uplifting care services that make Comfort Keepers a provider of choice. We believe that every client, no matter their age or acuity, can experience more connection, purpose and hope with quality care from a Comfort Keepers care team.
Private duty nurses are highly trained and certified to perform the following advanced medical tasks:
- Oral medication set up
- Non-injectable or injectable medication administration
- Insulin syringe filling
- Ostomy and catheter hygiene
- Removal/replacement of aseptic dressings
- Skin management, skin condition monitoring, and wound care
- Oral cavity suctioning and tube feeding
- Bowel care
- Core training for family members
- General health assessments and care coordination
Please discuss your needs with us as services vary by location and state.
How Comfort Keepers can help
Our private duty nurses are available whenever you need them. From scheduled nursing visits to hourly care, someone is there to help 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We work with your loved one's medical team to offer the professional support he or she needs.
Comfort Keepers provides in-home care that makes a difference in the lives of seniors and other adults. For over twenty years, clients and their families have entrusted their care to us in hundreds of local communities. Whether personal care services or private duty nursing services, we provide the support and services that help to ensure the best care solutions for your loved one.
* Private Duty Nursing is not available in all locations, only those with LPNs or RNs on staff. Check your local Comfort Keepers website to see if they offer the service. You'll find it listed under the "Care Services" tab. If your local office does not offer this specialized care, contact us. We'll check if another nearby Comfort Keepers does.