Elder Care Services Assist with Vision Loss in Greenville and Taylors, SC
Comfort Keepers provides elder care services to help older adults with vision loss in Greenville, Taylors, and the surrounding areas of South Carolina
Over 3 million Americans over the age of 65 are suffering from vision impairment. If you are one of them, Comfort Keepers can help. Our caregivers are trained to provide elder care services that help seniors with vision loss or other sight problems.
While vision impairments are a big concern with seniors, the issues that arise with eye impairments are also a concern. Some issues that arise is the loss of independence and the quality of life takes a hit. Seniors do not want to feel dependent on their family members to help them out with chores.
To help prevent vision impairments and the loss of independence, our team of elder care service providers has written out five tips to help reduce eye impairments:
- Make sure you have an annual checkup with your eye doctor to test the following:
- Visual Acuity
- Pupil Dilation
- After checking with your doctor, start to make small dietary changes to include these following: antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins A and C, and magnesium. Also, there is a correlation between sugar intake and eye disease, so make sure you watch your sugar intake
- If you are having any issues with your eyes, make sure you contact your eye doctor
- Quit smoking, there is not only a correlation between smoking and vision impairments, but for other health reasons
- While you are in the sun, make sure you wear sunglasses as the ultraviolet light can be harmful for unprotected eyes
Senior Caregivers from Comfort Keepers Can Help
In addition to helping seniors who are experiencing vision loss, our caregivers will provide the following elder care services to ensure seniors are remaining as safe and healthy as possible:
- Companion care
- Medication Reminders
- Light Housekeeping
- Laundry Services
- Transportation Services
To learn more the elder care services we provide in Greenville, Simpsonville, Taylors, Greer and the surrounding areas of South Carolina, please contact us online or call us at (864) 641-4274.