How Are We Keeping Your Loved One Safe?
Client and Family COVID-19 FAQs
We understand that our team serves a vulnerable community as COVID-19 continues to spread, and we take that responsibility seriously. Protecting the health and safety of seniors is not new to us, but we have implemented additional protocols during the recent pandemic and continuously review current information and make adjustments as needed.
Q: What precautions do caregivers take to minimize the spread of COVID-19?
A: To help prevent the spread of infection, our caregivers are instructed to follow CDC protocols such as the following:
- Wear a face mask at all times when in the client’s home.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with sick individuals.
- Disinfect objects and surfaces upon entering the home.
- Put on clean, non-sterile gloves upon entering the client’s home, and change gloves if they become torn or heavily contaminated. Wash hands immediately after removing and disposing of gloves.
- Stay at home and away from others if they are feeling sick.
Q: What types of training do your caregivers go through so they are fully educated on the COVID-19 virus?
A: Our Caregivers experience in-person as well as rigorous online training in maintaining a safe, clean, and healthy environment.