We Offer a Range of Alzheimer's Care and Dementia Services in Durham, NC to Help Your Loved One Enjoy Living Safely at Home
According to the latest statistics, there are currently over 5.8 million seniors in the United States living with Alzheimer's and dementia, both of which are debilitating cognitive diseases. Unfortunately, there are no way to prevent these conditions and no way to cure it. This leaves many families to provide Alzheimer's care and dementia services for their elderly loved one.
Give us a call at (919) 504-2473 to learn more!
Consider these Alzheimer's and Dementia Facts
- Alzheimer's disease primarily affects adults over the age of 60.
- Deaths related to Alzheimer's have increased by 145% from 2000 - 2017.
- In the same time period, deaths related to heart attacks have decreased by 9%.
- Alzheimer's disease is now the 6th leading cause of death in the United States.
- Today a person is diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease every 65 seconds, but by 2050 this number is expected to by one every 33 seconds.
- Care for Alzheimer's worldwide costs approximately $1 trillion.
- Approximately 16 million people in the U.S. are providing unpaid for dementia care for a family member with Alzheimer's disease.
Who Can You Turn to When You Need Help Caring for a Loved One with Alzheimer's?
In many cases, it falls on family members to provide the necessary Alzheimer's care and dementia services for an elderly loved one diagnosed with Alzheimer's and dementia. If you find yourself being the one to care for them, turn to Comfort Keepers of Durham, NC. Our caregivers are experts in providing the level of care needed by someone with this cognitive disease. They are available to provide much-needed services for your loved one and help you learn what is needed to be an exceptional familial caregiver.
Alzheimer's Disease Doesn't Stop a Person from Living Safely at Home
Medical research indicates that making it possible for a loved one to continue living in their home or that of a family member makes it possible for your loved one to maintain a more fulfilling life and be happier. The thought behind this concept is that doing so allows the person to maintain their daily routines which in turn helps to alleviate the anxiety and confusion that accompanies Alzheimer's disease.
What Can Professional Caregivers Help With?
When you hire professional Alzheimer's care and dementia services such as Comfort Keepers of Durham, NC, they will provide your loved one, and by proxy the rest of the familial caregivers, with a range of vital services. Our skilled caregivers can help with:
- Create a daily routine of fun activities and mental exercises that will help keep your loved one's mind active while enjoying things like playing board games, reminiscing over family photo albums, and engaging in stimulating conversation.
- Maintaining a log of any of the many changes that occur over time in your loved one. These changes will help their medical care provider track the progression of the disease. In turn, this will help the doctors and caregivers adapt their services to meet your loved one's ever-changing needs.
- Run errands and provide incidental transportation for your loved one to things like dental and medical appointments as needed.
- Provide your loved one with a variety of personal care services, including showering, bathing, grooming, incontinence care, toileting, and more. Our caregivers can perform these services while teaching you the proper methods and techniques to avoid causing injury to your loved one.
- Provide your loved one with a range of homemaking services, including light cleaning chores, cooking, laundry, grocery shopping, and many others.
- Provide familial caregivers with much-needed relief via our respite care services.
- Provide education and training services intended to help you learn more about Alzheimer's and how best to provide your loved one with the services they need.
If you have a loved one who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and dementia, there is no shame in seeking out professional Alzheimer's care and dementia services to help care for them. When the time comes for you to seek a professional Alzheimer's and dementia care expert, contact Comfort Keepers of Durham, NC. While talking with one of our advisors be sure they schedule you and your loved one for a free care consultation with a senior advisor who understands this disease and the types of care needed at every stage as it progresses.