Comfort Keepers Respite Care in Durham, NC, and the surrounding areas
Superior respite care is as much for you as for your loved one in Durham, NC.
Comfort Keepers respite care in Durham, NC, is one of our top care programs. Becoming a family caregiver for an elderly loved one is a noble and challenging decision. There is nothing quite like being there for a loved one who was always there for you. However, it is important for you to understand that providing this type of care can be a full-time occupation. This is why services such as at-home respite care exist.
Senior Care by the Numbers According to the AARP
- Average time spent caring for a loved one approx. 24.4 hours
- Family caregivers spend over 41 hours caring for a loved one
- Partners spend an average of 44.6 hours caring for their spouse or partner
Give us a call at (919) 504-2473 to learn more!
Support This Isn't Just for Your Loved One
Providing the many care services your elderly loved one needs can bring with it a certain amount of satisfaction. At the same time, the sheer amount of work this requires can sometimes become a little too much to handle. Rather than succumbing to the stress, there is nothing wrong with reaching out for a little help.
Comfort Keepers of Durham, NC, can help with our at-home respite care program and services. Our professional caregivers are available to help without making it look like they are trying to take over. They offer a range of personal care and homemaking services designed to give you a little "respite" from all the hard work.
Making Time to Talk About a Caregiver
Given that most seniors don't want anyone outside of their immediate family to see that they are struggling and need help and difficulty sharing their privacy with a "stranger," it's no surprise that they are hesitant to talk about care in the home. Here are a few tips we've found that make getting started a little easier:
- Make your questions as directly as possible.
- You must realize you aren't likely to succeed after the first conversation
- Be sure you emphasize that you will not abandon them and will continue being their primary family caregiver.
- Focus your conversations on the many benefits for you and your loved one.
- Be sure you listen to the concerns and points of view
- Do your homework and be ready to offer several options and any potential care services
No Need to Worry
If you are worried that our at-home respite care services and caregivers will not be able to "fill your shoes," our goal is to prove that you have nothing to worry about. We know you are doing your best to be there for your loved one. From here, the next step is to find a way to step back for a few minutes and take care of yourself.
The best way to learn more about Comfort Keepers respite care program in Durham, NC, is to call (919) 504-2473 or click one of the buttons below. Our agents are here to answer your questions and schedule your free care consultation with one of our senior care advisors.