Private Duty Home Care With A Home Health Nurse At Comfort Keepers of Couer d'Alene, ID
With private duty home care, a home health nurse can address the medical needs of your senior loved one
Sometimes a family caregiver just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. This is why Comfort Keepers of Coeur d'Alene, ID provides a range of customized services to help bridge the gap. Our specially trained private duty home care staff present the highest level of care a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital. Our home health nurse team is specially trained to help with specific medical needs and help with medication, symptom management, and more.
Please be aware that our senior caregivers specifically cannot administer medications, but can create reminders, help with the set up of medical equipment, and more. A home health nurse, however, is able to help with the administering of medication and other services. Read more below!
What is Private Duty Nursing?
In contrast to our traditional in-home care services, private duty nursing provides one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or a facility. Home health nurses provide a higher level of care while working in tandem with the caregiver who is providing companion-homemaker services along with personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client all from one agency.
How A Home Health Nurse Can Help with Private Duty Home Care
Our skilled home health licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs) can perform many medical tasks such as the following:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
A home health nurse is available to assist clients with regularly scheduled nursing visits or hourly care for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support. If you'd like to learn more about our private duty home care services, please contact us online or call today at (208) 357-4295.