At Comfort Keepers®, our team in Jacksonville, FL understands the incredible effects of socialization and senior companion care on elderly mental health and well-being. Opportunities to engage with others and grow relationships with friends, family, neighbors, and community members can help improve symptoms of depression, ease feelings of senior isolation and loneliness, and even reduce the risk of dementia.
By spending time with our caregivers, your loved one not only has someone at the ready to help around the house or help prepare a meal, they also have a friend who offers social connection and a companion who can help them get back to doing the things that bring them joy.
Give us a call at (904) 230-9220 to learn more!
What Is Companion Care?
Senior companion care, or companionship, provides emotional support, friendship, and socialization. We focus on activities that bring joy, provide mental stimulation and encourage physical and emotional wellbeing. Our caregivers are in regular communication with a client’s loved ones to share progress, answer questions, and simply check-in.
How Comfort Keepers Can Help
Nutrition & Meal Prep
- Grocery shopping
- Meal prep and time spent together during meals
- Help sticking to physician-prescribed regimens
- Help sticking to fresh and nutritious meal options
- Sorting, washing, drying, ironing, and putting away of clothes
- Vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, and moping of the home
- Assistance with reorganization of drawers, closets, rooms
Companionship & Transportation
- Conversation and mental stimulation, such as playing games or listening to music
- Light physical activity, such as a walk or other time spent outside
- Transportation to and from appointments and social events
- Kind reminder to take medications
- Assurance that medication is taken appropriately (ie: with food, before bed, the right dosage)
- Monitoring of negative side effects to be relayed to family and physicians
A Holistic Approach
Caring for the whole person is at the center of our Interactive Caregiving™ philosophy. It’s a holistic approach that cares for the mind, body, spirit, and well-being. Instead of just doing for your loved ones, we use every moment to do tasks and activities with them to increase engagement and fulfillment. By focusing on Interactive Caregiving™, we can elevate the spirits of our clients and their families.