Mission & Philosophy
Our mission is to provide high-quality in-home care services that keep our loved ones safe in comfort of their own home.
Kris Clum founded Comfort Keepers in 1998 to fill a need in her community. Our at-home caregivers, or our Comfort Keepers, provide compassionate, non-medical services to seniors and individuals with disabilities. Since our inception in 1998, our driving purpose continues to be to provide practical assistance with heart.
This philosophy guides our team members, from our franchise owners to our caregivers. Many were attracted to Comfort Keepers by our reputation for excellence or through personal experience arranging services for aging loved ones. Every decision our team makes reflects our top priority, which is to improve the lives of both clients and their families.
When seniors find their mobility faltering or difficulty in completing daily tasks, it can be troubling for the individual as well as family members. Both seniors and their loved ones are confronted with important, stressful decisions that will shape their lives for years to come. There is a natural instinct to maintain our independence, and there is guilt associated with moving loved ones out of their own home.
Comfort Keepers aims to provide the ideal solution with an informed process.
- We equip clients and their support systems with information and answers.
- We assess each situation to provide personal recommendations. We consider the recipient’s unique needs and how to achieve happiness.
- We present our clients with options to choose the perfect package. The frequency of visits can vary between a few hours a week to regular overnight stays.
Our experienced caregivers will help with daily tasks, including:
- Meal preparation
- Routine errands
- Light housekeeping
- Basic hygiene
Additionally, our caregivers build friendships and provide emotional support. To keep our loved ones company, our caregivers:
- Engage in conversation during mealtime
- Participate in their favorite activities
- Strive to create lasting bonds built on respect and kindness
Above all else, Comfort Keepers strives to be compassionate and respectful in all aspects of our business. It is this dedication to the welfare of our clients that enables our award-winning organization to be an industry leader and attract the talented team members that shape Comfort Keepers.
What Sets Us Apart
Comfort Keepers Coronado is abundantly sensitive to the particular needs of our clients.
- Enhanced Minimum Hours
We offer at home health services for just a few hours if that's your need, without requiring you to meet the standard minimum time requirements.
- Schedule Flexibility - We understand day to day changes and we adjust our billing to impact the client as little as possible. A day ahead of a cancellation is all we need.
- One Source Resource Destination
Visit our Resource Section to find everything you and your love would could need - from car services, diabetic supplies, Geriatric Psychiatrists, to medical equipment, local Meals on Wheels and Notaries.
- Talk to a Referral Source
Coronado Comfort Keepers is happy to connect you with our current and past clients so you can get a personal referral. We obtain most of our clients by word of mouth personal referrals.
- The Comfort Keeper Caregiver Difference
Continuity is built into our caregiving by a low caregiver turnover rate. We have many, many caregivers who have been with Coronado Comfort Keepers for 5, 7, 10, and even 15 years! We love our caregivers and they love us, evident by the multiple family members we have working with us. Dads and sons, mothers and daughters work hard to bring excellent in-home senior care to our clients.
- Transparency and Real Time Connection with your Loved One
The Family Room connects family members to their loved one with state-of-the-art transparency. With the Family Room portal, you are offered real-time access both to your loved one and their caregiver. With the touch of a button, your family has the ability to use a shared calendar to coordinate activities, view invoice and payments online, video conference with their loved one, and view live caregiver updates.