Respite Care For Family Members in Milwaukee, WI
Comfort Keepers is proud to offer the family caregivers in our neighborhood a respite program designed to give them time to recharge their batteries
All across the U.S. millions of family caregivers are providing their elderly loved ones with the care needed to allow them to continue living independently. Many get involved without realizing how much work goes into caring for an elderly loved one. It can be compared to many full-time occupations, leaving many trying to juggle two jobs.
The AARP found these numbers after a survey of family caregivers:
- Average time spent caring for a loved one approx. 24.4 hours
- Family caregivers spend over 41 hours caring for a loved one
- Partners spend an average of 44.6 hours caring for their spouse or partner
Give us a call at (414) 207-6894 to learn more!
Support for your family only takes
Our Agency Is Here to Help You
We know you are doing everything in your power to care for your elderly loved one. We also know that no matter how much you love what you are doing, there are going to be times when you start to feel overwhelmed. When this happens, there is no shame in reaching out for help. Our respite care program can provide you and your loved one with a professional caregiver who is there to help share the load and give you the time you need to rest and recuperate.
Our professional caregiver will come to your home or that of your loved one and provide a range of homemaking and personal care services aimed at helping rather than taking over caring for your loved one.
We Have the Best Caregivers
At least we think we do, but when you get to know your caregiver, we think you will agree with us. Each caregiver is trained, skilled, and experienced at their jobs. To ensure your safety and give you peace of mind, our caregivers must pass stringent background checks. After all of this, they are chosen for their caring and friendly dispositions.
How Do You Talk to Your Elderly Loved One?
Trying to talk to an elderly loved one about the possibility of having a caregiver come in to help can be challenging at best. To help make your conversation a little easier, we have put together these tips:
- Be sure you emphasize the fact that you are not going to abandon them and that you will continue being their primary family caregiver.
- Make your questions as direct as possible
- Focus your conversations on the many benefits for both you and your loved one
- Choose the place and time to talk very carefully
- Do your homework and be ready to offer several options and any potential care schedules
- You must realize you aren't likely to succeed after the first conversation
- Use questions designed to guide your loved one to the "right" conclusion
- Be sure you listen to their concerns and points of view
What Services Does Our Agency Offer?
Respite care provides you and your loved one with a skilled caregiver who can be there at times like when you get a phone call with a family emergency you have to go take care of. They can be there to cover for you if you work schedule changes. You can count on your caregiver to be there when you have a school function to attend, or simply want to get a cup of coffee at your local coffee shop.
Our caregiver can also be there to give you the time you need to go into town and take care of business and the shopping, visiting a friend, or going to the doctor or dentist. They can also give you the time you need to take care of yourself. We believe that this may be one of our most important respite services.
Want to Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about respite care offered by Comfort Keepers of Milwaukee, WI, we are only a phone call away. Contact us online at (414) 207-6894, our agents are available 24/7 and can answer many of your questions. They can also schedule your free care consultation with one our of senior care advisors to discuss your loved one's needs and put together a working care plan that meets everyone's needs.