Private Duty Nursing From Our Homecare Agency Can Support What A Home Health Aide Cannot
While a home health aide can provide non-medical based care, our homecare agency also has a team to support those with chronic conditions
Sometimes a family caregiver or home health aide just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. Comfort Keepers of Fairfax, VA private duty nursing specialists can help. Our specially trained private duty nursing specialists provide the home nursing services a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital. Best of all, they can complement the non-medical personal care and companionship services of your industry-leading homecare agency.
Give us a call at (703) 520-2189 to learn more!
How Our Homecare Agency Can Compliment A Home Health Aide
Our skilled home health licensed practical nurses (LPN's) and registered nurses (RN's) can perform many medical tasks and home nursing services such as the following:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
- supporting services of a home health aide
Comfort Keepers’ private duty nurses are available to assist clients with regularly scheduled nursing visits or hourly care for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our homecare agency will work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support. If you are interested in complementing your home health aide's services with private duty nursing, contact us online or give us a call.