Our Dementia Services Are Designed to Help Your Loved One Continue Living at Home in Grand Forks, ND
At Comfort Keepers of Grand Forks, ND, we provide a wide range of Alzheimer's and dementia services designed to help those who have been diagnosed with this mental disorder continue to enjoy living in the comfort and safety of their home or with family. Alzheimer's disease is more than just a mental disorder, it is responsible for many deaths every year.
Consider these statistics:
- According to a study published by the Alzheimer's Association over 5.8 million, older Americans live with Alzheimer's and dementia.
- In a report issued by the National Institute on Aging, Alzheimer's disease is the sixth leading cause of death in America.
- The same report noted that Alzheimer's disease is most prevalent in people who 60 years old and older.
- One American develops Alzheimer's every 65 seconds, a number that is expected to increase to one person every 33 seconds by 2050.
- The world has invested over $1.1 trillion in caring for those with this mental disorder.
Alzheimer's disease is one of the few diseases that we know very little about, what causes it, and who is more prone to develop this debilitating condition. At the same time, although researchers are working hard to find a cure, they have yet to have any success. In many cases, it falls on family members to learn about this disease and provide the dementia services needed by their loved ones. Did you know that there are over 50 million people around the world who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and dementia? It is responsible for the death of one person every 3 seconds.
Give us a call at (701) 335-8769 to learn more!
It's All a Matter of Time
By the time our parents reach an age where they are likely to be diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, most of us have a family of our own, a career, and a life that takes up most of our time. Adding in providing dementia services and care for them can lead to physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion. When you feel as though you are reaching the end of your rope, it's time to call in professional help such as offered by Comfort Keepers.
Our caregivers have the education and training needed to provide a range of dementia services that will help you with the day-to-day care your loved one needs and help make it possible for them to continue to live at home. They will also help you learn more about this disease and what you need to do to help provide the care they need.
Home Is the Almost Always the Best Place to Live
With so many Alzheimer's sufferers ending up in nursing homes, it is obvious that many families are unaware that their elderly loved ones can continue to live at home. This is, of course, providing they are provided with the appropriate dementia services and care. More importantly, the latest medical research has found that those who are able to continue living at home enjoy a much healthier and happier life. Doctors believe that living in a familiar place and being able to follow a familiar routine helps to reduce the confusion and anxiety that are a common symptom of Alzheimer's and dementia.
Dementia Care Services Our Caregivers Can Provide for Your Loved One
At Comfort Keepers, we realize that you are doing everything in your power to care for your elderly loved one. However, we also know you can only do so much before you risk becoming burned out. To help with this, our caregivers offer a wide and diverse range of dementia care services intended to help both you and your loved one. The caregivers we offer have specialized training in working with older adults suffering from this highly debilitating mental disorder.
- Helping to develop a solid routine of mental exercises and fun activities designed to keep your loved one's mind as active as possible. This can help reduce the anxiety and confusion many with Alzheimer's and dementia suffer from.
- Create and help you maintain accurate records of all changes in your loved one's behavior. This is the most common and vital way of tracking the progression of the disease. Records like this are an important part of helping their doctor and caregivers make any necessary changes to their dementia services.
- Provide you and your loved one with transportation and running errands.
- Along with all this, our caregivers are also trained and prepared to assist by helping with:
- General Housekeeping
- Grocery Shopping
- Meal Preparation
- Bathing & Grooming
- Incontinence Care
- Mobility Assistance
These are only a small sample of the many dementia services our caregivers can provide. Their mission is to make it possible for your loved one to continue living in the comfort and safety of their home or yours.
Our caregivers are also available to provide family caregivers with respite care. This type of care is intended to give family members a chance to take care of personal business and more importantly to enjoy a well-earned break, allowing you to rest and recuperate before diving back in.
Our caregivers are always willing to share their knowledge and experience with you to help you provide the dementia services your loved ones need.
If you are ready to learn more about the many dementia services offered by the caregivers at Comfort Keepers of Grand Forks, ND, contact us at (701) 335-8769 and let one of our advisors schedule a free care consultation with one of our Alzheimer's and dementia care specialists today!