Comfort Keepers At Home Healthcare in the Inver Grove Heights, MN Area: Active Aging Show 1 - Let's Have A Ball
Find out how Comfort Keepers at home healthcare can help to make fitness fun for seniors in the Inver Grove Heights, MN area
Are you interested in learning more about exercise from our at home healthcare agencies in Inver Grove Heights, MN. The number one thing you can do to stay healthy as you age is be active. Face it, we're all aging. But we don't have to face it alone. Join Kelly Lindell and her at home healthcare agencies in having a ball making fitness fun.
What you will need:
- a sturdy chair with arms
- 2 plates - preferably paper
- an inexpensive rubber ball - ideally slightly soft
- water - drink a little bit at a time
Comfort Keepers is dedicated to keeping seniors safe and healthy in the comfort of their own homes.
Kelly encourages you to stand during the exercises, only if you are able to. She and her associates present modifications both standing and sitting.
1) Gently place your hands on the ball and squeeze with each finger, pressing into the ball. This will reduce stress in your hands. Breathe as you go, then start squeezing with all of your fingers at the same time.
2) Place the ball between your knees and squeeze with your knees.
3) Alternate making fists and spreading your fingers wide. While squeezing ball.
4) Dip your hands in like you are scooping water. Reverse. While squeezing ball.
5) Stretch your hands.
6) Bring ball in front of chest. Press heel of palms into ball. Release.