Private Duty Nursing: Services For Those With Medical Needs in Port Huron, MI, And Our Neighboring Cities
We have a special team certified to perform medical-based tasks
Sometimes a family caregiver or home health aide delivering senior care services just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. Comfort Keepers of Port Huron, MI can help. Our specially trained private duty nursing team provides the level of care a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital.
Give us a call at (810) 207-3453 to learn more!
Support for your family only takes
How Comfort Keepers Can Help
Our skilled private duty nursing team consists of home health licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs) that can perform many medical tasks such as the following:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining colostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
Comfort Keepers’ private duty nurses are available to assist clients with regularly scheduled nursing visits or hourly care for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support. If you are interested in private duty nursing for a loved one or would like to learn more about our other elder care services contact us online at (810) 207-3453.