Transition Home with Help From a Comfort Keepers Senior Care Provider in Wichita, KS
Learn how a senior care provider can help assist in the transition from the hospital or rehabilitation facility to home.
The time immediately following a hospital stay can be crucial to ensuring a successful recovery. In fact, studies show that the absence of proper support and care during that important time can lead to delayed recovery or even possible readmission to the hospital.
While family members often take on the task of providing this vital care, they oftentimes come to find that they are ill-prepared to meet the physical and emotional challenges associated with this type of care. That is why Comfort Keepers offers comprehensive services to ease the transition home.
What is Transitioning Care?
Some of the services Comfort Keepers can provide during this time includes the following:
- support of the care plan to aid the recovery process
- assistance with household activities and responsibilities, including meal preparation, light housekeeping, and running errands
- incidental transportation to and from follow-up visits
- peace of mind for family and friends
- communication and coordination with the medical team, as needed
If you're interested in learning how our transitioning care services could help ensure a speedy, healthy recovery, please give us a call today!