Comfort Keepers Personal In Home Care in Palatine, IL
Compassionate personal in home care services promote senior wellness at home in Palatine, IL, and the surrounding areas
Every client has unique care needs and situations, so Comfort Keepers offers a full range of personal in home care services to provide seniors with the right amount of support for independent living at home:
- Bathing, Grooming, and Hygiene- In home care agencies can help seniors feel positive about their appearance through bathing, grooming, and hygiene assistance. Proper bathing not only cleanses the skin but also offers the following benefits
- Deeper to refresh the spirit
- Provide relaxation
- Stimulate circulation
Our Comfort Keepers are trained to lessen any embarrassment or discomfort.
- Mobility Assistance - Mobility assistance helps seniors maintain as active a lifestyle as possible when considering their ages, abilities, and overall health. There are many physical health benefits of keeping the senior mobile, including:
- Lowering blood pressure
- Improving digestion and sleep
- Increasing energy and stamina
- Strengthening the heart.
Comfort Keepers can also accompany the client on a short walk and provide encouragement and reminders to complete prescribed exercises.
- Transferring and Positioning - In home care agencies caregivers are trained to move and place clients in the correct posture positions to promote health and safety. Proper transferring and positioning from or into beds and chairs eliminates the following:
- Pressure areas on the skin
- Reduces weakening and stiffening of muscles,
- Encourages proper breathing, digestion, and elimination.
- Toileting and Incontinence Care - Our Comfort Keepers work to maintain the dignity and self-esteem of seniors as they assist with daily living activities. Through this caring approach, Comfort Keepers help lessen the embarrassment clients may feel associated with incontinence and need for toileting assistance.
- Feeding and Special Diet- Some clients need help feeding themselves, and the loss of independent eating can be hard to accept. In home care agencies understand this and are particularly sensitive, making the extra effort that can turn mealtime into a more enjoyable social time. In addition, Comfort Keepers will help ensure that their clients stay on prescribed diets to prevent or control a wide variety of medical conditions such as:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
If you are interested in learning more about the in home care services we offer or would like to schedule a free care assessment, please contact us online or call our office in Palatine, IL today at (847) 250-9179!