Balance Care & Fall Risk Reduction
Comfort Keepers Sarasota, FL creates custom care plans that include our wide variety of senior care services
At Comfort Keepers Sarasota, FL, we understand how important it is for seniors to remain independent in the comfort of their own homes for as long as possible. In order for a senior or older adult to remain in their home, the home has to be a safe place for them to live. That is why we offer a wide range of senior care services to fit the unique needs of all our clients and their families including Balance Care & Fall Risk Reduction. With our senior care, our caregiver team works with the client to keep them involved and engaged in every step of their care.
When a loved one lives at home by themselves, as they get older there is always the fear that they may fall or injure themselves when no one else is home. Comfort Keepers Sarasota, FL can help eliminate this fear with our care services. The first step of our care services is to perform a free In-Home Consultation and have a member of our care team come to the home and review their living situation. During this consultation, we will review your loved one’s home and look for any tripping hazards like loose throw rugs or cluttered walkways and also ensure that their home is safe for them to live in. By doing this, we prevent falls and tripping hazards and eliminate the biggest impediment for seniors who want to remain in their homes. Comfort Keepers is one of the first senior care agencies to offer specialized Balance Care & Fall Risk Reduction services. This program will allow them to remain safer and more secure in their home while also improving their confidence and overall well-being.
Some of the services that are included in our Balance Care & Fall Risk Reduction Senior Care Services include:
- Assessment of the home for potential fall risks
- Activities to reduce fall risk
- Coordination of grab bars, handrails, bath/tub changes, flooring updates, and other home modifications
- Assist with appropriate exercise (prescribed by a doctor) including walks and stretching
- To encourage proper nutrition and hydration
- Assistance with mobility and movement around the house
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) provides on- Call Emergency Service with our Around The Clock Monitoring Center
- Assist with follow up on exercises set up by physical and occupational therapists
- All Physical Therapy programs are prescribed by your doctor and implemented by Medicare Home Care Agencies
- We can provide referrals to organizations that can evaluate your balance issues
If you or a loved one can benefit from Balance Care & Fall Risk Reduction or any of our other senior care services, please Contact Us or give us a call at (941) 584-9569.